Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 16, 2010, 1:16 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Nasef and Haidy's Wedding 15th October

I've just started working through these from yesterday and pulled a few out quickly to share to ease the boredom of the rest of the editing.

As ever, please let me know what you think to help me improve next time out.

1 I was rushing, I really should have sorted the straps! However, I like the shadows still.

6 Heading to the dance floor for the first dance.

7 As you can see, things get pretty crazy on the dance floor making it difficult to get much apart from overhead shots. This is where being 6'6" tall helps out. OK, not the best shot but it gives you an idea.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:12 PM   #2

This is simply BRILLIANT photography!
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 7:47 PM   #3
Super Moderator

a great few examples Mark. In every 1 the tones and contrast are absolutely perfect, very classy and professional.

I really like the idea of #1, but I agree it would have been improved by tidying up the straps.

#2 and #3 i really like these candids of the events leading up to the wedding. i just wish the perspective was a little lower so we can see a little more face. its difficult i am sure since you are much taller, but same shots from a half kneel position maybe next time.

#4 this is my absolute favorite shot. this is just a great shot, any wedded couple would be proud to display this one. i love the tilt of the shot, i like the way she is slightly arched in her upper back and neck. and they set apart from the background very well.

#5 i go back and forth on this one. i think its a great concept, i am just not sure how much i like not having the bride (which for most weddings is the real star of the show not the husband) in focus.

#6 and 7, nice shots of the party after.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 7:50 PM   #4

Great job Mark. I'm glad you posted some new wedding photo's today as I'm shooting my second wedding tomorrow.

I notice that you shoot a lot of angled ( not level ) shots. It seems a lot of wedding photographers are using this technique in their portfolios. I like it.

Something else I notice is that most portfolios don't have many shots of the ceremony. Most shots are the before, after wedding poses and at the reception. I'm guessing there's not much room for creativity or action during the ceremony.

The couple I'm working with tomorrow does not want any before wedding shots so that makes the day quite a bit shorter.

A couple of my challenges tomorrow will be the bride, she's 7 months pregnant with twins and the forcast, no sun possible rain. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Thanks for the encouraging photo's.

Mike
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:21 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
This is simply BRILLIANT photography!
Thank you sooooooo much, I'm starting to feel like a photographer at last.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:26 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
a great few examples Mark. In every 1 the tones and contrast are absolutely perfect, very classy and professional.

I really like the idea of #1, but I agree it would have been improved by tidying up the straps.

#2 and #3 i really like these candids of the events leading up to the wedding. i just wish the perspective was a little lower so we can see a little more face. its difficult i am sure since you are much taller, but same shots from a half kneel position maybe next time.

#4 this is my absolute favorite shot. this is just a great shot, any wedded couple would be proud to display this one. i love the tilt of the shot, i like the way she is slightly arched in her upper back and neck. and they set apart from the background very well.

#5 i go back and forth on this one. i think its a great concept, i am just not sure how much i like not having the bride (which for most weddings is the real star of the show not the husband) in focus.

#6 and 7, nice shots of the party after.
Thanks Dustin.

You mean a little more like the one below. I have some other lower angle shots as well, but she looked a bit 'goofy' and on the one I posted above I liked the way it brought together the activities of the day with last minute arrangements being sorted on the phone while other things go on around you.

I agree with 5 and usually have it one way and then the other, the groom just happened to get over the bridge first, however we were stopped at this point due to the need to change locatoins so I was left wishing I had done the bride first. Lesson learned....... that's the good thing about each shoot I do, I take away something I hadn't considered before. I have enough shots of her alone etc so not an issue, but a shame to have lost that element.
Attached Images

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:43 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomitamike View Post
Great job Mark. I'm glad you posted some new wedding photo's today as I'm shooting my second wedding tomorrow.

I notice that you shoot a lot of angled ( not level ) shots. It seems a lot of wedding photographers are using this technique in their portfolios. I like it.

Something else I notice is that most portfolios don't have many shots of the ceremony. Most shots are the before, after wedding poses and at the reception. I'm guessing there's not much room for creativity or action during the ceremony.

The couple I'm working with tomorrow does not want any before wedding shots so that makes the day quite a bit shorter.

A couple of my challenges tomorrow will be the bride, she's 7 months pregnant with twins and the forcast, no sun possible rain. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Thanks for the encouraging photo's.

Mike
Angles are good, but make sure you shoot straight as well. I go through phases of too straight all the time then over correct. I would say this wedding has a few too many at an angle shots, but they are a young funky couple so it will work.

As for the church shots, I'm bored of them so didn't include any here. I get a selection of wide shots to give context to the rest, then focus on the people who come and speak, both tight and with the B&G included, after this I look for moments of expression between the couple to what is happening. Here is the sort of thing I wait for. It's much harder here in Egypt as I don't speak Arabic much so generally have no clue what is being said to gauge if we are likely to see emotion. This means I can be trained on the couple for a few minutes at a time, which with a 5DmkII and 70-200mm f2.8 IS isn't too comfortable after a while. It's worth it to get the shot though and a good workout too.

Hope all goes well. Get the simple/important shots in the bag then have some fun trying things out. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Attached Images

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:06 PM   #8

Hey Mark do you use any kind of noise reduction software? I just looked at the EXIF in the above photo, ISO 2500. I know that camera gets good reviews for how it handles high IOS but that looks very clean for using such a high ISO. Must have been dark where there seated, ISO 2500, f2.8 and a shutter speed of 1/125, nice!
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:15 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Nope, for reduction to this size no need. For the real deal I will do a very slight NR but not much. Only if over 3200 do I get a bit more aggressive with NR but it's sooooo good I don't need to worry much.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 6:17 PM   #10

Really good picks Mark. Fantastic job.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote