Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:46 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Cairo Wedding

This is my final wedding of my 9 months in Egypt. It's been an amazing learning process, I've seen my level improve dramatically, I now shoot RAW 100% of the time for important work and can actually edit a lot lot faster because of this. I still have a long way to go to get near to where I want to be quality wise but I'm closer than I was and have a better understanding of how to get there.

Anyway, with only 3 days until I move back to the UK I haven't had time to work through them yet, I will create a new thread when I've done so but for now here is a shot (yes, OK it's a sunset one again) that I like, taken on the golf course where the reception took place.

I should just add that due to the lens failure (Canon 24-105mm f4 IS) at the previous wedding and even though I had my Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 shipped out to me I decided that I was getting quite a bit better results from the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 so treated it like a constant f4.5 lens and used it as my primary. It did perfectly fine, actually I've found new respect for this lens, even with 18mp crammed into the 7D the results are impressive.

7D, Sigma 17-70 @ 17mm, flash external on camera due to shooting solo and having run out of time to set it up anywhere else (I saw the opportunity when rushing back to the reception and asked if they had 3 mins for a quick sunset shot..... glad I did).

About 10 mins later would have added extra/deeper colour, but I love the way the shadow cast above the clouds came out
Attached Images

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:46 PM   #2

You made good use of that sunset!
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:21 PM   #3
Super Moderator

yea, this shot is really lovely mark. this is kind of your signature shot so it seems. and this one is really good. this will surely be one of their favorites. very classy.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
You made good use of that sunset!
Thanks, it was a good one for sure. What I love is seeing the faces of the couple when the look at the screen on the camera after the shot is taken as to the naked eye there isn't too much going on but when you knock the exposure of the sky down and then use flash to bring them up all of a sudden there is a mass of colour.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
yea, this shot is really lovely mark. this is kind of your signature shot so it seems. and this one is really good. this will surely be one of their favorites. very classy.
Thanks Dustin. That's one of the best things about Egypt, you can pretty much be sure there will be a sunset shot available at the end of the day. Not all are as nice and those clouds really helped out the situation.

I do however think I need to keep things fresh so will have to concentrate on more than just the sunsets, especially in the UK LOL.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:55 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post

I do however think I need to keep things fresh so will have to concentrate on more than just the sunsets, especially in the UK LOL.
yea, you going to have to come up with something to do in rainy/dreary days
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:18 AM   #7

fantastic shot mark...very good.....
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:43 PM   #8
Super Moderator

I agree with Dustin. You've certainly got this technique down pat. And it works very nicely.

Great double exposure - flash on the couple, with a fantastic landscape-style background, very nicely balanced, and not at all easy to get right.

The couple is nicely posed, relaxed, happy. Good work fella!