Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:23 PM   #11

So this replica in Toronto's Distillery District is kinda close to real.
Attached Images

frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:31 AM   #12

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Torgny, I take it it is a foot and leg hanging from the cover of some leg wear vendor ... I love them I have been working on some mitts for on craft of wall hangers and well the snowflake is much more to my likes than the ones that I have been doing.... Great Shots I like those booties they look warm... The toy store is like one I would take my now teenagers to in Seattle... and the place lit up looks so much like Leavenworth Washington which you can find many sites of on line... Merry Christmas...

SSG,

Glad you like the pictures. Tried to make them "tangible". Leavenworth - yes - similarities.

Those boots with a girl in them ...

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:35 AM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post
So this replica in Toronto's Distillery District is kinda close to real.

Frank,

Distillery District - sounds good. Like the brick walls. Thank you for your picture - much better photo quality than mine. On the other hand it was actually snowing on my pictures

That's another matter - depicting falling snow - quite a challenge

Torgny

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:23 PM   #14

Re: #1: Where's Waldo??
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Re: #1: Where's Waldo??

Steven,

???

Only Waldo I know of is Ralph Waldo Emerson

//T

Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
Steven,

???

Only Waldo I know of is Ralph Waldo Emerson

//T
i think it's an american quip.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where%27s_Wally%3F
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Haga West Street
So traditional. Love it!
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank-in-toronto View Post

Frank,

Thanks for the link. A good thing is that not every american culture manifestation has found it's way over the ocean. This seems to be a funny one, though

//T

Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgredline View Post
So traditional. Love it!

jgredline,

Thank you. It's an old working class area. It was renovated in the 70ies. Now the paint is falling off. They didn't do the "ground work" before the new painting was done

Torgny

Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Frank,

Thanks for the link. A good thing is that not every american culture manifestation has found it's way over the ocean. This seems to be a funny one, though

//T
Hi Torgny: Didn't mean to throw you a curve on Waldo.
That 's been popular here for so long with children, and I think it originally came over to this side of the Atlantic from England. My children used to enjoy it. I just assumed that it was also well known in your part of Europe.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote