Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:44 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default My band.... photographed by my wife

My wife is getting better all the time at photography which makes me a happy man.

She took a few photos tonight of our band playing an event for a head teacher retiring from a special needs school.

This is our bass player going for it, I'm in the background on keyboards.

Gave them a little playing around with Topaz and cropped to 4:3 from 3:2 just to lose the dead edges.

What do you think, I will pass on any comments to her?
Attached Images

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:52 PM   #2

I really like the second one the best. Looks like it could be in a magazine.
wolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:19 AM   #3

both are ok to me I am just getting to like mono at the moment
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:37 AM   #4

I agree, I prefer the second. I don't like the over-saturation of the first shot. I think with a lighter PP approach, the first shot would look better.

By the way, you've been married for what? Less than a year? And you're already relegated to the out-of-focus subject in the background
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:56 AM   #5

I like them both but the brightness on the bottom half of his shirt is a bit distracting. Maybe you could burn it in a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
By the way, you've been married for what? Less than a year? And you're already relegated to the out-of-focus subject in the background
Haha - That's Funny! Maybe Mark can share one with him in focus if she has any.
griffina6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:10 AM   #6

I agree with the others. I especially like the lighting effect on the base player in the second.

Quote:
I agree, I prefer the second. I don't like the over-saturation of the first shot. I think with a lighter PP approach, the first shot would look better.

His wife obviously knew that if Mark were in focus that his overwhelming coolness would immediately draw all viewers of the pic to him, causing them to overlook the overall quality of the composition!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:40 PM   #7

I like both of the pics, but I also prefer the second one.

Cool that you are a musician Mark. I am a drummer and a basist, but I donīt play in any band right now. Have been playing drums for 28 years and bass 10-15 years. I also play a little guitar.

What kind of music do you play?

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:38 PM   #8

I like the effect of the second one best the lighting in the first one is distracting to my eye in more ways then one

Was the back wall really that awful shade of yellow or could it be helped with a little bit of white balance.......

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:24 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:

Veeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyy funny John. She did get some shots of me as well. I just liked this one the best out of all she took so decided to share it

I like the B&W the best, the light in there was weird as it was still light outside, there was a parachute of many colours on the ceiling and then our lights so totally weird lighting and the Topaz action probably should have been played with, I was just wanting to get them up quickly after getting back from the gig as I was proud of what she had taken.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:25 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnan View Post
I agree with the others. I especially like the lighting effect on the base player in the second.

His wife obviously knew that if Mark were in focus that his overwhelming coolness would immediately draw all viewers of the pic to him, causing them to overlook the overall quality of the composition!
I wish it was that, she just didn't capture me at any really animated moment. Next time.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.