Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:17 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default Promo shots for a band

I did some promo shots for a Swedish heavy metal band.














Last edited by DSProtection; Aug 19, 2011 at 7:23 PM.
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
JeannieBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 650
Default

Cool!
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: India
Posts: 272
Default

They make great promo photos,has the band got the top billing yet?
wanaclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:51 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mugmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,152
Default

Those are some great shots. I like the feel of them. One little thing though, I'm not sure, for a promo, it's a good idea to wear a shirt from another band.
__________________
MUG's Flickr

MAR's Flickr
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 2:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Eetu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Posts: 2,212
Default

Great shots Daniel! I especially liked #1 and #4. Really nice work!
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieBug View Post
Cool!
Thanks

Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugmar View Post
Those are some great shots. I like the feel of them. One little thing though, I'm not sure, for a promo, it's a good idea to wear a shirt from another band.
Thanks! Glad you like them. I´m not sure about the tshirt, but I guess it´s okey
Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanaclick View Post
They make great promo photos,has the band got the top billing yet?
Thanks! The band hasn´t released an album yet. Not sure when they do, but I know they are recording a lot right now.

Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
Great shots Daniel! I especially liked #1 and #4. Really nice work!
Thanks Ned
Glad you like them. How are things with you? Haven´t spoken to you for a while. I have been really busy, and now I have 3 weddings in a row so I know what I will be doing for the next couple of weeks
Take care and talk to you soon.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:49 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 232
Default

Great Shots Daniel. I like 2 but 4 & 5 are really well done! I like the Master of Puppets shirt too! LOL!
wolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 7:56 AM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Mark1616's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,397
Default

I like these, and the processing works well too! I would suggest that either get everyone engaging with the camera or all looking away, you have a couple where there are 3 looking at the camera and one away which makes it look like he wasn't interested in what was going on. Another option is 3 looking away and the lead singer making eye contact with a strong pose.
__________________
Any problems with a post or thread please use the report button at the bottom left of the post and the team will help sort it out.

Have fun everyone!


See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 8:27 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines View Post
Great Shots Daniel. I like 2 but 4 & 5 are really well done! I like the Master of Puppets shirt too! LOL!
Thanks!

Glad to hear

Best regards/Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
I like these, and the processing works well too! I would suggest that either get everyone engaging with the camera or all looking away, you have a couple where there are 3 looking at the camera and one away which makes it look like he wasn't interested in what was going on. Another option is 3 looking away and the lead singer making eye contact with a strong pose.
Thanks Mark!
Glad that you like them. They wanted the guitarist to look away since he´s a little bit confused all the time
Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:28 AM.