Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:11 AM   #1

Default Lensbaby Photos

I got a Lensbaby Composer for my birthday! I also picked up the super wide angle converter for it. I'm loving this thing on my D90!!
Attached Images

shutterbug1076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:55 AM   #2

Pics 2 and 4 I can put up with. But the rest are just not for me. I really really really dont like lensbaby pics. I dont understand why anyone wants to wreck an image to make them look like this, or like its a small model railroad set. I used to photograph miniatures and was always bothered by the fact that close up photography doesnt allow for huge DOF. Now they come along with a goofy lens to create the very same problem. There has to be a better way to force someone to look at only a part of the image.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 5:53 AM   #3

I simply would have to agree.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:49 AM   #4

Wow...haters are among us today. I'm sorry you guys are so closed minded. There are plenty of people out there that enjoy trying something different. I'm just having fun with photography. Thanks for your negative opinion. Next time try keeping it to yourself, and let the photographers trying something new enjoy the art...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:13 PM   #5

Making a photo out of focus is not new. Lots of us amateurs do it all the time. But we toss them out and dont bother to post them. I wouldnt say Im closed minded since Ive seen enough pics with bad focus that I know its a well focused pic I enjoy looking at. But if its your passion to do this knock yourself out. Giving my opinion doesnt stop you from doing whatever you want. But posting it here gives me the right to express my opinion, whether it meets with your approval or not.

Last edited by Bynx; Oct 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:07 PM   #6

Yes, it is your right...but just because its your right, doesnt mean you have to impose it on the people who are enjoying something different. I've been a macro photographer for over 10 years, soI'm not new to photography. I see plenty of photos on this forum that I don't like and that I just don't get. The difference between you and most members here? You're the first person that I've seen post a negitive and if you ask me, rude comment. This forum is supposed to help photographers and allow them to share a common interest. Let me ask, how did your negativity help anyone? I was just sharing something new that I was enjoying. Again...thanks for exercising your right to suck the fun out of photography...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:35 PM   #7

What I was contributing was my negative reaction to seeing pics done with a lensbaby. I would like to see them out of business and let people get on with taking good pics. I cant express how much I dont like the looks than this rip off gyzmo lets people produce. Id like to know how my personal opinion sucks the fun out of your photography. Who the hell am I? Just someone who doesnt like what I see. I would think there are some nearsighted people who will say they are great. But out of focus shots like these just throws photography back to the stone age. If that pleases you, then carry on. Oherwise what I hope to achieve is see you take some nice in focus shots so I can swoon at their beauty. Meanwhile......
Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:02 PM   #8

G'day S1076

I love 'em ~ great creativity from you too
Best of the bunch for me is #1 - really beaut sharpness on the boy and he is visually isolated from the trailing scene via the change of focus ... great!

While #2 & #4 are pretty 'standard' and could be shot with anything, the beaut oof imagery is -love 'em-

Can we see more please!!
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 5:33 PM   #9

I think these shot's are cool... odd,different,and amusing even...!
I like the one with the girl/purple glasses- her expression is curious.... looks like she's deep in thought..!
The young fella in the train shot is interesting... looks like he's about to go through a wormhole- a la' DeLorean DMC-12.....
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:49 PM   #10

Thanks guys, The Lensbaby really is fun to use. 2 and 4 were jut examples of the Lensbaby centered. I does have a nice bokeh. I'm amazed at just how far you can push the sweet spot with the composer.