Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 11, 2002, 10:50 PM   #1

Default Garden Walk

A picture of my wife in the garden.

Kinda hard to stop doing this kind of silly stuff since I figured out how.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2002, 11:58 PM   #2

Default pretty cool!

Did you use a panoramic head or just mounted your camera on a tripod? And how did you stitch the images together? Hand stitched it or used a specific program?
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 1:52 AM   #3

interestign effect.

How do you did this?
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 10:01 AM   #4

I used a home-made pano head (notes at http://www.geocities.com/bill0drew/panohead/index.htm), though I think just using a tripod would do almost as well.

Obviously there are 14 pictures put together. I took six of them without moving the camera with my wife in different positions. Then I used PhotoShop's layer masks to merge each of those into one.

With eight pictures (six of them with my wife in them twice - merged as above), I stitched them with Panorama Tools using PTGui as a front-end. The output was "PhotoShop with masks", i.e., layers with masks. Then I adjusted the masks so the joins came in the right places.

PhotoShop's layer masking is the key point in doing this kind of stuff. Also PT/PTGui's ability to calculate the pitch based on a couple of vertical lines is really nice since that allows the panorama to be shot off-level to get more foreground into the picture.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2002, 5:02 PM   #5

That's really neat. Thanks!
bobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:59 AM   #6

great!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by BillDrew
I used a home-made pano head (notes at http://www.geocities.com/bill0drew/panohead/index.htm), though I think just using a tripod would do almost as well.

Obviously there are 14 pictures put together. I took six of them without moving the camera with my wife in different positions. Then I used PhotoShop's layer masks to merge each of those into one.

With eight pictures (six of them with my wife in them twice - merged as above), I stitched them with Panorama Tools using PTGui as a front-end. The output was "PhotoShop with masks", i.e., layers with masks. Then I adjusted the masks so the joins came in the right places.

PhotoShop's layer masking is the key point in doing this kind of stuff. Also PT/PTGui's ability to calculate the pitch based on a couple of vertical lines is really nice since that allows the panorama to be shot off-level to get more foreground into the picture.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote