Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:00 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Another Wedding to help me catch up - Carly and Tony

As promised, here is another wedding from last month that I've not put up yet.
This was a fantastic fun wedding with a cool young couple who were happy to get out and have some fun.

Here is a quick selection, if you would like to see some more check out http://marksmithphotography.co.uk/we...hyblog/?p=1473

Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:38 PM   #2
Administrator

i love your idea of capturing the golf shots. That's a very nice (and very unusual) touch). :-)

It's nice to see a couple interested in the same things, and you don't see that captured in images very often, especially in photos relaated to a wedding. So, great job at coming up with something in common that you could capture for them to enjoy for years to come.

For a bit of humor (or humour as you brits like to put it), I can remember buying a new set of clubs some years back, and my wife happened to be with me when I picked them up.

I asked if she'd mind if we stopped by a driving range on the way home so I could try them out (as I was anxious to see how well they might improve my game). She agreed (even though she's never been interested in Golf).

So, I got a bucket of balls and started going through the new clubs (short irons through longer woods). I hooked some of them, sliced some of them, and managed to get a few down the middle with the mid irons.

My wife then exclaimed: "Now I understand why you need so many different clubs to play golf. Some of them hit the ball to the right, some of them hit to ball to the left, and some of them hit the ball straight down the middle".

Of course, I decided it was time to go home then after her "understanding" of how my new set of clubs worked. :-)

That's a true story, and I've teased her about if for years after she had a better understanding of how I was the problem, not the clubs. IOW, we tend to be exact opposites, so it's harder to find something like that to capture that we both enjoy.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:48 PM   #3

Plenty of original ideas. Great exposures indoor and outdoor. I think this small series presents a wide gamut of techniques for others (me, in particular) to study. Thanks for sharing.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:23 PM   #4

Always a little something new in each of your wedding photos sets.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:27 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
i love your idea of capturing the golf shots. That's a very nice (and very unusual) touch). :-)

It's nice to see a couple interested in the same things, and you don't see that captured in images very often, especially in photos relaated to a wedding. So, great job at coming up with something in common that you could capture for them to enjoy for years to come.

For a bit of humor (or humour as you brits like to put it), I can remember buying a new set of clubs some years back, and my wife happened to be with me when I picked them up.

I asked if she'd mind if we stopped by a driving range on the way home so I could try them out (as I was anxious to see how well they might improve my game). She agreed (even though she's never been interested in Golf).

So, I got a bucket of balls and started going through the new clubs (short irons through longer woods). I hooked some of them, sliced some of them, and managed to get a few down the middle with the mid irons.

My wife then exclaimed: "Now I understand why you need so many different clubs to play golf. Some of them hit the ball to the right, some of them hit to ball to the left, and some of them hit the ball straight down the middle".

Of course, I decided it was time to go home then after her "understanding" of how my new set of clubs worked. :-)

That's a true story, and I've teased her about if for years after she had a better understanding of how I was the problem, not the clubs. IOW, we tend to be exact opposites, so it's harder to find something like that to capture that we both enjoy.
LOL, I'm impressed, I'm sure you have had great fun over the years with that story My wife and I are similar (in that we are not similar) so have different hobbies.

As for the golf shots, neither of them actually play, but as we were at a golf club I just had to make use of the location.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:28 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
Plenty of original ideas. Great exposures indoor and outdoor. I think this small series presents a wide gamut of techniques for others (me, in particular) to study. Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicajun View Post
Always a little something new in each of your wedding photos sets.
Thanks guys, glad you like them. I often worry that I'm doing the same thing over and over so where possible try to find something new but it is harder the more weddings I shoot.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:19 AM   #7

Very well done.
Can't pick which one is my favorite, there all that good.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:15 AM   #8

I like your work and as usual nicely done
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:26 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Thanks guys