Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 7, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1

Default Ukulele photo contest entry

Hello all. I'm a casual photographer and I'd like to show you all a photo that my wife took of me with our Nikon P510. I lurk quite often on this forum to try and expand my knowledge of photography and get ideas as to how I can improve my photo taking ability. I don't post much because quite frankly I just don't feel that I have much to add to most conversations. I've entered this image in an online photo contest to try and win a ukulele (another one of my hobbies that I'm not really good at) and I'd like the forum members to critique my entry. The contest is more of a popularity contest than an actual photo contest so if anyone would also like to vote with the supplied link I would appreciate that as well. Thanks for viewing.

http://http://iframe.wizehive.com/voting/view/516ec858-60b8-43c8-a562-17510a20adfa/14289/1242928/0[/URL]
Attached Images

Breb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2013, 4:56 AM   #2

It's a shame your foot is missing- and I'd be tempted to clone out the stray branches in the top right of the pic...
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 3:13 PM   #3

Thanks for the input. Both of your suggestions as to changes make sense. I should have posted the photo here first.
Breb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 8:26 AM   #4

I think your wearing a Hawaiian (?) shirt, in shorts, and playing a ukulele in a snowy scene is a cool idea. It shows your dedication to your music.

I think exposure is good, too -- I don't see any overexposed skies and there's enough detail on your face. A little Photoshop, however, might brighten up your face a little more.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote