Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   People Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/people-photos-12/)
-   -   An Evening Stroll Along the Shore (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/people-photos/207159-evening-stroll-along-shore.html)

lomitamike Jul 15, 2013 12:55 AM

An Evening Stroll Along the Shore

1 Attachment(s)
Enjoying a warm summer evening walking along the seashore.

NHL Jul 15, 2013 12:38 PM

Awesome... perfect exposure!

nymphetamine Jul 16, 2013 12:37 PM

Tried "liking" NHL comment..Sorry a habit of nonsense social networking site.....

Great exposure...and right flash or fill light....the reflection right next to the legs just makes it even better

lomitamike Jul 16, 2013 4:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey thanks guys. I've been shooting a lot of into the sun shots lately and I'm enjoying the results when thing go right.

Nymphetemine,
I'm one of last people I know who chooses not to enter into the Facebook world. But thanks for "liking" my shot.

Here's another one from another shoot a couple of days earlier. This was an off camera flash setup.

Calicajun Jul 16, 2013 9:11 PM

Mike two very good photo, of course you have a great model to work with too.:)

Hawgwild Jul 16, 2013 9:56 PM

Well, Mike, once again your bride has given you a great shot. That first one is perfection. Those back-lit sunset beach scenes are not easy to pull off. You did her proud on that one.

lomitamike Jul 17, 2013 1:34 AM

Thanks Robert, she's not too bad for an old lady, but getting her to go out for a photo shoot these days is not as easy as you may think. I get a small window to get it right or else I have to wait until next time. But I must say, she's a good sport.

Eetu Jul 17, 2013 10:05 AM

Wow, your shot shooting into the sun, amazing shot, excellent exposure. Very pretty gal!

NHL Jul 17, 2013 11:14 AM

My hat off to you ;)
Shooting with both A900 and A850???

lomitamike Jul 17, 2013 9:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calicajun (Post 1352516)
Mike two very good photo, of course you have a great model to work with too.:)

Thanks Cali. Yes, the model makes things fun most of the time but we've had our moments. The good part is she's always happy with the results (even if I'm not).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eetu (Post 1352564)
Wow, your shot shooting into the sun, amazing shot, excellent exposure. Very pretty gal!

It's a fine balance of strong ambient light and a powerful flash, it takes some practice but the results can be very rewarding.
Thanks for your reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL (Post 1352568)
My hat off to you ;)
Shooting with both A900 and A850???

Yes two FFs. It makes things much easier for events (no switching lenses). But it figures that since my acquisitions business has come to a halt.
These two FFs are gonna have to last me a while but I think they will still be capable cameras for the next few years. I hope.