Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:26 PM   #11

I love this pic. Thanks for posting how you did it. Is this your daughter? She is really cute. I have two sons, and right now the 20 mos. old refuses to stop for a pic *sigh*. Thanks for sharing!

Amy
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 6:00 PM   #12

I use PhotoShop Elements (although I have Ulead Photo Impact also). Here's what I do in PS Elements:

1) Selection Brush Tool
2) Mode MASK
3) Paint over the part you want to keep the color
4) Then Enhance
---> Adjust Color
---> Remove Color

What every editing program you are using look for the selection or brush tool that you can put into MASK mode... That's the key.. then you can just paint "over" the part you want to keep color...

As far as that lovely young lady... it's my step-niece. My own daughter is on her way though! She's due to arrive June 16! So everyone can consider this fair warning.... Expect a lot more "People Pictures" from me starting mid-June!
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:28 PM   #13

John,
Well, congratulations! My first pg was wonderful and it was an exciting time! In the meantime, what about some pg pics of your wife/partner/whatever is politically correct and yourself? Or just the lovely lady? I had some taken, and although I thought it a little strange (maybe narcissistic) at the time, I am SOOO glad I did it. I will forever have those beautiful portraits. GOod luck!

Amy
Proud momma to Travis, 20 mos. & Drew, 8 mos.
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote