Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 7, 2015, 6:22 AM   #1

Default A Tender Moment

On Friday May 1st. one of my Grand Daughters got Married. My wife and I were the main photographers for the wedding. We took well over a 1,000 photos during the wedding and the reception.

During the Father Daughter Dance, I spotted a young man dancing with his daughter that was such a beautiful thing that I just Had to take a photo! I knew the moment wouldn't last long, so I made some quick exposure calculations in my head, I set the camera settings for what I thought would pull off the shot and the moment gave me the chance to take One photo as they came dancing by.

Yesterday, while I was doing the editing on the photos I took, I came across this little Gem. I was instantly reminded of the Country Western song: Love Without End , Amen by George Strait.

The specific words that came to mind are:

"Daddy's Don't Just Love Their Children Every Now and Then; It's a Love Without End, Amen!"

I have named this photo "Tender Moments!"

Dick
2 Canon 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash

Last edited by grandpawrichard; May 7, 2015 at 6:31 AM.
grandpawrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2015, 9:03 AM   #2
sds

Love it! I have two grown daughters and when they were going away from home I gave each one a cassette with that song on it. My oldest daughter said that she listened to it in the car and cried all the way. Thanks for posting.
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2015, 6:10 PM   #3

Default Fantastic shot

Rarely have I seen a photo that conveys so much with so simple a scene. Great composition and lighting. All around excellent!
bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2015, 1:33 AM   #4

Her facial expression says it all.
Very nice capture.
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2015, 12:40 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Nicely done, a great moment and well captured.
Old May 16, 2015, 9:54 AM   #6

Thank you Everyone for the Magnificent Compliments! This was just one of those Lucky Captures that just blew me away as soon as I saw it in Lightroom.

Normally I shoot Wildlife (namely Bald Eagle) Photos, my Very Favorite subject; and People photography is my least favorite subject. But this photo turned out so good it is right up there with my Eagle shots!

Dick
2 Canon 7D Cameras, Canon 5D Mark II Camera, Canon 17-40 F/4 L lens, 2 Canon 24-105 L lens, Canon 70-200 f/4 L lens, Canon 300 f/4 IS L lens, Canon 400 f/4 L lens, Canon 1.4X L extender, Canon 2X L extender, Canon 430 EX Flash, Canon 530 EX Flash
grandpawrichard is offline   Reply With Quote