Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 5, 2004, 7:26 AM   #11

Quote:
the cropped version losses some of the ambience of the original
Costas is right, but all of us have experienced this problem when we discover we have to rotate a picture. After having this very same problem again and again, I'm now trying to back off from the framing I really want. Not that I consistently remember to do this, of course.

I wonder why we often don't see the crooked verticals and horizontals when looking through the camera. Are we ignoring it because we ordinarily ignore it as we're wandering about in life, or is it that we get so intent on our subject that we simply don't notice?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 5:49 PM   #12
-jb

DiscoDudette,

Like Costas, I also prefer the original (first) photograph over the second one. I think your Mom looks more natural in the first photo. Straightening the lines in the wall seems to make her more awkward looking. She looks much more graceful in the first picture.

If anyone bugs you, tell them that the lines were sloped on the wall... works for me...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:47 PM   #13

If I were going this I would change the color of her sweater maybe the same shade as the rose, the tans are to overwelming. Just my opinion..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 8:57 PM   #14

I won't say what everybody said, except to say, I like #2 better only because the angles made me sea-sick in #1.

I also checked out the pictures in your webpage, and they are very nice. You are definately not afraid to experiment. Keep up the good work.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 9:43 PM   #15

Quote:
I also checked out the pictures in your webpage, and they are very nice. You are definately not afraid to experiment. Keep up the good work.
Haha! That or I just don't know what I am doing!!!
As they say: "Ignorance is bliss!" eh? Works pretty well for me~!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote