Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:56 AM   #1

Default Not quite posed...

[align=center]

[/align]
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2004, 7:26 AM   #2

Thanks for giving my Friday a jump start, Kalypso!!! Much appreciated. And as usual you never fail to dissappoint!! Great work!!
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 10:11 AM   #3

The hair arrangement gives her a different look. Great pics.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:12 PM   #4

As always, great pics. I am curious though. Do you pay these models for sessions? Do they pay you? Do you trade time for pictures?

You seem to have so many beautiful and classy models that I am just curious how it works.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 5:58 PM   #5

Can I be critical Kalypso? You know they say those that can't, criticise - and I certainly can't make any claims of having talent...

In the second picture, her hands reaching up to the earrings half hidden are a little distracting IMO. It might have been better to have her hands wrap around that martini glass to draw more attention to it.

But the first pic - excellent use of light on her face and shoulders, with everything else in shade. Very nice effect - I like it.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:32 PM   #6

Default Models & stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanH
As always, great pics. I am curious though. Do you pay these models for sessions? Do they pay you? Do you trade time for pictures?
99% of my work with models is traded as TFP (Time for Prints). I contact some & some contact me. If I like a models look, I'll point her to my site & if she likes my style, we normally work something out that we both are happy with.

As far as them saying "those that can't, criticise"...I thought it was "those that can't, teach"!
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:42 PM   #7

That is a great deal.

So do you usually just give the models digital copies of the pics you take so they can use them for their portfolio? Or do you actually print out photos for them?

I still think your work with Jessica was your best work yet. She was very photogenic.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 8:30 PM   #8

I think these are two different women, aren't they? Anyway, I actually like her tugging on her earring b/c that's a nervous habit many women (inc. myself) do. It lends itself well to the idea that she's anxiously awaiting someone else (at least that's what I see).

Hey, and btw, I hate that saying, "Those who can't, teach." :roll: Of course, I'm a former teacher :lol:
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 9:14 PM   #9

Default Ummmm...

That was the idea on the shot of Kelly waiting. (I told her to look like she was waiting on someone). I didn't know that was something women do though...nice of you to notice!

And yes...they are 2 different models. I give models a CD with all the best edited images as 8x10's, Web Sized & thumbs. I also give them 5-8x10 prints for their books. I love to shoot beautiful women & don't care about trying to make money on it so I don't sweat the details.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 8:06 AM   #10

Great work!
chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote