Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 7, 2004, 5:41 PM   #1

Default Just my kids

I'm kinda new here, but I wanted to post a few of the THOUSANDS of digipics I've taken since the lil tikes have unleashed their terror on the world. One problem I have is this:

My boy is SO easy to photograph--his pictures always capture HIM. My girl--who is striking in appearance--is FAR more difficult to capture. Anything I can do about this?
Here's a few pics

[/img]
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2004, 6:39 PM   #2

I know how it is to be a parent and feel that your photo just is not doing justice for your kids. One of my daughters, somehow knows to look away just at the moment the shutter releases no matter if there is a flash or not. I got the 300D so I could shoot her in rapid succession hoping to get one with her looking at the camera. :?

You may not feel you captured her, but I like it. And as for your son, it looks like he is going to give you years of good pics.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 9:37 PM   #3

Here's a couple more....

Her serious faces do seem to capture her, but she is almost never serious..
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:08 PM   #4

these are some great shots! gj
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:32 AM   #5

seriously cute
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 9:50 AM   #6

Oh these little blond, blue-eyed cuties are adorable! I also have two babies (a 20 mos. old and an 8 mos. old).--also both blond and blue-eyed. I know what you mean--my 20 mos. old is really cute, but he doesn't stop. It's VERY difficult to take even a decent shot of him. My 8 mos. old, on the other hand, is at a great age for photographing. Wish I could give you some advice, but I'm struggling with the same dilemma. Good luck!

Amy
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:22 AM   #7

Hello MichealH,

Welcome to the forum

Great series of photos of your lil' ones!

The only suggestion I might make is the crop the first photo
so that the bricks at bottom are have a minimal visual impact so then the emphasis is on your kids and the "everything is just ducky" background.

Just a thought...
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 2:54 PM   #8

You have a world of photos right in front of you. Keep on clicking, saving, and printing because these years will fly by with stunning speed. You'll want albums packed with photos that you can sit and laugh and cry over twenty years from now.

Here's my suggestion: don't worry about getting your children to face you. Take pictures of them as they're doing whatever it is they've thought up to do. Not only will you cherish these the most in the future, but they may also end up being the best of your photos.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:03 PM   #9

Those children are adorable – they look as if they are just getting ready for some mischief in that first picture.

I think I would go for a much tighter crop on that picture of her “looking serious” maybe from the hair line up and just above the top of the head. Those toy soldiers are great, I really like them; but distract from the girl so cutting them out might improve the portrait. Depends on what you are trying to show.
costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2004, 5:37 PM   #10

the second one is just wonderfull!
melanie is offline   Reply With Quote