Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 16, 2004, 8:45 AM   #21

Default Background and model

First off, I do NOT think the background distracts ...... To me it gives flavor to the portrait..... The MODEL is A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.... WOW.... She looks to be very relaxed with the photographer.... I really like the portraits alot....
Bagsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:54 AM   #22

Martinbishop

I like it if they do not look straight at the camera. I think it takes away from the natural look.

Phil
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 3:07 PM   #23
-jb

PKchopper,

Every time I see one of your posts, I notice the small picture of what I assume is you and your daughter.

What a great shot!

She looks so small and cute sitting next to you. I hope you have a copy of that framed in your house somewhere...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 5:20 PM   #24

OK, here's my 2 cents worth.
Background light might be a little too bright - maybe use just one light
Nice S-curve on the first shot
You could use a hairlight on most of them. I use a snoot on the hairlight so it doesn't get everything. It is mounted on the ceiling, ~3ft behind subject
To get rid of the shine, back your softbox away from the subject and feather it (rotate it so it's not pointing straight at the subject, then re-meter. Consider using a fill light or perhaps a reflector on the other side
On the second shot, her face is turned too far the other way. Also, it might be better if she tilts her head one way or the other (C-curve or S-curve)
Excellent job on the B&W of the guy
On the one with her hands behind her back, maybe turn her around further and have her looking more over her shoulder. Experiment with different head tilts. Maybe have her hold a flower or something behind her back.
Again, these are just random thoughts; I think you did pretty good.
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jb
PKchopper,

Every time I see one of your posts, I notice the small picture of what I assume is you and your daughter.

What a great shot!

She looks so small and cute sitting next to you. I hope you have a copy of that framed in your house somewhere...

-jb
Thank you so much for the kind comment, and yes your assumption is correct . I love the picture and enjoy seeing it every day here on Steve's. I cheated a bit and went slightly larger than the approved avatar size, shh don't tell anyone. :shock:

Unfortunately I don't have it on display here in the house but again thanks for noticing.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote