Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
On the contrary there is no argument at all here. PaulV. Mitchell is a thief and imposter and should be banned. Of that we are in agreement. Now where are the admins.
Crickets.

My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
If you are making a valid complaint, use the 'report post' button - the little triangle at the bottom left of the post, to report it to the forum moderator, and attach the url of the photo, not just one pointing to your website. Unless, of course, you are just spamming the forum.
I have reported a complaint per your instructions. This is the URL where you can see the photo online: https://www.2foodtrippers.com/best-f...ets-in-london/. FYI, Daryl shot this photo with a Canon D70. We have the original file with all the metadata if needed.
Mindi Hirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:39 AM   #13

Quote:
This is a legitimate complaint and not spam at all. The website she posted was to show where the photo was STOLEN from. It was her husband that took the photo NOT PaulV. Mitchell who happens to be some weird character to say the least. If you want to know more just send me a message. I know that Mark was around recently trying to get something going. But after the death of Steve it seems everyone abandoned ship. I dont think there is anyone looking after things unfortunately. I have left 3 messages with the 3 admins Im aware of so we will see if there is any response from them.
Thanks for all that you have done for the true photographer to get credit for this photo!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindi Hirsch View Post
I have reported a complaint per your instructions. This is the URL where you can see the photo online: https://www.2foodtrippers.com/best-f...ets-in-london/. FYI, Daryl shot this photo with a Canon D70. We have the original file with all the metadata if needed.
Got it. Since a number of the moderators have left, the response on forum issues sometimes isn't very good. If you don't get any action in a reasonable time, try sending a PM or email to the site admin or one of the top listed forum leaders.
At the bottom of the page is a link you can click on to see the list. Good luck. This is something we take seriously here.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:24 PM   #15

If there were (heaven forbid) a court case about this, I imagine it would be argued that while there's been a lot of indignant and quite understandable barking about it, it was up the wrong tree because this Mitchell person didn't actually and clearly claim that he/she was the photographer who took the photograph, even though many people might reasonably think that was implied.

Then it would be argued that the act of posting the photograph wasn't "Theft" in the legal sense of the word, but at the most an infringement of copyright, albeit in bad taste.

Perhaps the best outcome will be for Steves Digicams Moderators to warn Mitchell not to do it again?
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:54 PM   #16

Before you stick up for this creep Herb, there are some things you arent aware of. If you want to know more, let me know and I will be glad to fill you in.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Before you stick up for this creep Herb, there are some things you arent aware of. If you want to know more, let me know and I will be glad to fill you in.
I'm not sticking up for him. I'm only endeavoring to pour oil on troubled waters.

If there's something more sinister about it, I'll welcome being filled in as, I think will everybody else.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:50 AM   #18

I know I'm new here and I don't really want to intrude but can I mention this. I have seen this Paul Mitchell jerk on other forums. It's like he is trying to be disliked as he posts some disgusting things. I have heard it may be one of his children who hates him and is trying to get at him. Paul Mitchell is a moron.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:15 AM   #19

Oh piss off Rowdy. You join Steve's Forum, come immediately to this post and tell everyone Paul Mitchell is a moron. Yesterday you were PaulV. Mitchell, today you are Rowdy, who are you going to be tomorrow? What is your problem?
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:07 AM   #20

Quote:
This is a legitimate complaint and not spam at all. The website she posted was to show where the photo was STOLEN from. It was her husband that took the photo NOT PaulV. Mitchell who happens to be some weird character to say the least. If you want to know more just send me a message. I know that Mark was around recently trying to get something going. But after the death of Steve it seems everyone abandoned ship. I dont think there is anyone looking after things unfortunately. I have left 3 messages with the 3 admins Im aware of so we will see if there is any response from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
If there were (heaven forbid) a court case about this, I imagine it would be argued that while there's been a lot of indignant and quite understandable barking about it, it was up the wrong tree because this Mitchell person didn't actually and clearly claim that he/she was the photographer who took the photograph, even though many people might reasonably think that was implied.

Then it would be argued that the act of posting the photograph wasn't "Theft" in the legal sense of the word, but at the most an infringement of copyright, albeit in bad taste.

Perhaps the best outcome will be for Steves Digicams Moderators to warn Mitchell not to do it again?
Since the guy wrote "A busy street scene from the a London Market. I often just take a small camera, dress as a tourist and wander through the streets to see what I can get.", he definitely implied that he took the photo. Not cool!