Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:19 AM   #21

The OP downloaded the photo, renamed it then posted it as an upload to "steve's" expecting that typically the "normal" individual would assume that the displayed pix source was the OP's personal effort.

Look at the name & source of the OP's photo. It resides on the "steves-digicams" server. Now look at the one I posted. It's not on "steves-digicams), but its source is the web page (the server hosting) the "2foodtrippers" website and, as such, retains the original name/title. (This is accomplished using, in my post, the "img" command on the link line off the foodtripper's web page and a site administrator would spot this fact immediately. And BTW, administrators dont like that people do this as for one reason, it steals their server's processing resource.)

For future reference, Google may be used to search to locate the source of an image residing on the web.

Four ways to search by image

- Drag and drop. Drag and drop an image from the web or your computer into the search box on images.google.com.
- Upload an image. On images.google.com, click the camera icon, then select “Upload an image.” ...
- Copy and paste the URL for an image. ...
- Right-click an image on the web.

Doing this with the OP posted image leads to the foodtrippers webpage as source.

https://www.google.com/intl/es419/in...chbyimage.html
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:56 AM   #22

sdrommel, this is your second post on this subject. Still unclear what it is you are saying. While the guy didnt clearly state he did not take the photo, all reference would lead one to assume he did. If such a reference is made why would anyone question it? Well if he is a nut job thats a good enough reason for me. I searched Google and found the image was from foodtrippers. I notified them about it and you can read the results. As I said I dont know if you are trying to get this guy off the hook, or if you are agreeing with the idea that he is a thief and imposter. Seems like a lot of typing so far for this guy. He is a stalker and is here for no other purpose than to cause trouble. Now since he hasnt been banned, I believe he has signed in under another name to keep on doing what he is doing. He joined Steve's this morning as Rowdy, went right to my post and started right in with his BS. Now who does that? I didnt realize how bad this place had become. I didnt know there were no moderators, or admins to look after things. Ah well, all things must come to an end.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:07 PM   #23

An administrator can tell the location of a forum member even to the region by the IP address.

A site administrator is able to block a range of IP addresses which encompass a physical location. That will help to obviate enrollment and posts from aliases.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:41 PM   #24

sdromel, while what you say may be true, unfortunately, this ship is sailing without a Captain, First Mate, or anyone to scrub the shitter. So what happens now?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdromel View Post
An administrator can tell the location of a forum member even to the region by the IP address.

A site administrator is able to block a range of IP addresses which encompass a physical location. That will help to obviate enrollment and posts from aliases.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Subscribing to a VPN service will hide your real IP address and substitute another, even from a different country. These are used quite a bit to bypass censorship, but can also be used by bad actors to prevent being banned from forums like this.
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:35 PM   #26

Bynx- Quote "this ship is sailing without a Captain, First Mate, or anyone to scrub the shitter..." quality... (though perhaps I shouldn't be laughing...!)

VTPhotog- Quote "Subscribing to a VPN service will hide your real IP address and substitute another..."

Isn't it tragic the lengths one will go to just to be an ass...!!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:02 PM   #27

Ya there are some real twisted heads out there.