Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 26, 2004, 12:08 PM   #11

i think the umbrella one is the best.....i know absolutely nothing about portrait or glamour photography.....i would like to learn a bit of portrait just so i can take successful family pictures (my mom wants me to all the time lol) but i think the shots would be a little more exciting if they were outside is some kind of cool background.....

these shots are nice.....and it just might be me.,...but i think you can only go so far inside the studio-type setting......you know wat i mean?

hopefully this is taken the way it is meant to be taken...it isn't against you or anyone....just if you look at Kalypso's work....he has some cool backgrounds........

ok i'm finished...keep shooting!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 4:26 PM   #12

I know what you mean but I'm in the learning progress and working inside is at the moment the only option here due to the newness of the models and my experience.

The next time we will take it somewhere else, I'm allready scouting some areas.

But first my studio lights will come in tomorrow .

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 4:34 PM   #13

oh cool! studio lights!!!

oh yeah...i have an idea.....for a couple shots....try adding some backlighting.....not with green lights though lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2004, 7:25 PM   #14

Very nice for your first time, A few hints... When arms are close together like In Pic 1 and 2 even them a bit so they are in the same focus plane... Jewelry is fine but not watches (unless you are shooting them) The second pic is fantastic with the eyes ,especially the hair covering one eye nice job.. But the hat ruins it for me well not ruined, but you no what I mean...Get models away from backdrop 5' if possible, I think you have got a good start but work, and I mean work on lighting... Experiment with toning it down a get some nice shadows for mood.... good luck...
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2004, 1:14 AM   #15

@photosbyvito,
What do you mean with backlight, a lamp on the floor with a color to the back of the model ?

Thanks for al the comments, I will keep on working.

So:
1. Loose the watches
2. Get them a bit further away from the background
3. Watch the arms

The shadows is a bit difficult for me to understand, I know I can get some tension with shadows, but at the moment my idea was more of a glam look so clear lighting without shadows was my idea .

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote