Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 17, 2004, 1:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus DK
Jedi.

The new skintones are much better. I agree in that.

About the model...and relaxing. This was not a critique, just a thought. I often shoot studio shots of children and have this exact problem too. That's why I can say it is difficult to get people relaxing. It's uncommon situation for many people too, to sit stil and "do that" and "do that"... Know what I mean ?
Yeap totally understand what you mean!

And these are mi first two time as a Model Directo too... so I wasn´t relaxed too... :roll:
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 1:26 AM   #12

She will, sooner or later. Looking at your avatar you might want to change clothes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A little advice...

Be careful with the skin reflection that comes because of the models skinloation. Some powdering often does a better job.

remove shadows in her face (her left eye). You already have removed several spots on her face and neck. That's good and glamours.

The shot seems a bit "flat". You are using two lightsources, perhaps from each side. Remember that shadows, after all, add dynamic to the shot.

The two reflection in her eye! Why not remove one of them a make the other a bit larger ? This would make her expression more calme.

What do you think ?
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2004, 11:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus DK

remove shadows in her face (her left eye). You already have removed several spots on her face and neck. That's good and glamours.

The shot seems a bit "flat". You are using two lightsources, perhaps from each side. Remember that shadows, after all, add dynamic to the shot.

What do you think ?
First you say to remove a shadow, then you say 'shadows are good' :-) So which shadows are good and which ones are bad in your opinion Klaus?

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2004, 1:34 AM   #14

well....distinct shadows are good....and ones that look like they aren't supposed to be there are bad.......like if you have really strong shadows because of a single sidelight....then those shadows i'd say are good....

lol........i think that makes sense...

i have NO experience at all in "people" pictures...so don't take wat i say TOO seriously...lol

i personally like these a lot
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2004, 1:47 AM   #15

Barthold.

This should be very obvious. This of a photographer as a painter. When you take a shot you paint with light, right! Sometimes you will fail placing this light in the right position and then you will get an unintended shadow. This could be a nose-shadow, that will make the models nose look much bigger than it is.

In other cases you can actually use these shadows intendedly to create a more dynamic expression. This is often seen with photos of old wringled people. These photos often becomes very dynamic, as you actually can place a small shadow in each wringle, so to speak, to make the overall impression of elderness, stronger.

But there's lots of examples.

Jedi's "eye shadow" is surely not inteded and should be removed. But if you like it...then you like. The photographer descides, right.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2004, 12:28 AM   #16

after some profesor advices I have changed my retouch system from levels to curves... I think it is better.

Original - Edited

Old Apr 28, 2004, 1:03 AM   #17

Klaus, thanks for the explanation!

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 7:20 AM   #18

personally, the last one. she's looking at the cameraperson like she's about to give an expression of surprise- in seeing him/her. i ithink it would have made more sense if she was looking down. make the picture look more classical.

final picture is better but i think you overdid it with the curves.

--my total personnal opinion.
berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 3:53 PM   #19

remember the picture was captured ith 2 steps of over exposition..