Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 24, 2004, 3:46 PM   #1

Default Coworker and her family

These were taken last fall and I have just now gotten the courage to post them though a couple include her now ex-husband. I'm not so sure they are any good, but I am really wanting to work on my "style" and maybe start doing some freelance work on the side. As always, comments welcome.

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2004, 7:19 PM   #2

Your composition is excellent--and that's always the hardest part, isn't it? The only criticism I have is about something that's easily fixed: contrast. You need more of it.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:52 PM   #3

aside from the lack of contrast as Barbara stated they are great, what a beautiful little girl, so photogenic.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:23 PM   #4

nice shots, you could use some contrast in the shots, they look flat. Otherwise prety good
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:29 PM   #5

very nice shots

i guess i'll go with the crowd with the contrast comment
but very nice shots
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 9:52 PM   #6

Damon,

Some excellent photographs here, I think I like the first two the best, I like the close composition and they show off their character.

As for the contrast, seems fine on my screen (perhaps down to personal settings) but the whites are white & the darkest shadows are black.

Next time don't wait so long to post your images, you have a good eye & it is good to share.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:56 AM   #7

Quote:
As for the contrast, seems fine on my screen (perhaps down to personal settings)
Watch out for those personal settings. Until I got calibration hardware and software, I didn't realize I was keeping my screen way too dark and too yellow. Not only did it turn printing into a nightmare, but the deeply shadowed photos I've always preferred weren't, in reality, so very deeply shadowed at all. This became quite clear when people with calibrated monitors started commenting on objects in the background of my photos that, on my screen, were far too dark to see.

As long as you're using your photos for your eyes only, you can keep your monitor set however you like it, but once you start posting those photos for the public to see, you want to conform to the norm so as many people as possible see what you're seeing.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote