Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 5, 2004, 8:18 PM   #21

wow! your good!

on the first pic, is it real smoke, or somehow machine generatedor something?
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2004, 11:31 PM   #22

Tauseef Vehra wrote:
Quote:
I must mention here... its the same photograph, but one on the right is with modifiedbackground. Please do give your comments.

I like the background on the right.

chuck biddinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 3:43 PM   #23

Bradg, its real smoke. She does'nt smoke, and of course she could'nt inhale it. She took a puff, and filled her mouth with smoke and then simply let it out, and thus it gives a rich and thick effect.

Thank you Chuck. I did nothing much to the background, just desaturated the colors.

Below is another photo, and what I like here is her natural smile. Hope you all agree to that!

Attached Images

Tauseef Vehra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2004, 6:32 PM   #24

You are good. I notice you like dark backgrounds. It adds a nice touch. Keep up the good work.
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 3:52 AM   #25

Hi,
Still a very nice model very relaxed and natural.
What you could try is add a bit of light on the background to let her stand out, now the dark hair and the background are melting together a bit.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:05 AM   #26

shes a pretty lady, although I hate to see a woman smoke now days. I took a photo of my sister smoking yesterday, when she was not looking (we really want to encourage her to quit) and there is no way she looked as good as your model.:-) Your photos are really good.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 1:18 PM   #27

Zace, Doorhof and Aladyforty... thank you all for your appreciation and healthy comments.

Zace, you are very right, I do like dark backgrounds, specially black. It gives the subject maximum prominance and the skin tones look great with black at the back. That's the reason I mostly use black backdrop. You can say thats a personal liking.

Doorhof, The shoot is already done, so now I cannot try throwing light on the backdrop, however, I will definitely try it in any other shoot. I have modified a pic (below) in photoshop - as you suggested.

Aladyforty, I have mentioned it earlier and I am saying it again, she is not a smoker. It was used for an effect alone. I really do appreciate and respectyour concern about not promoting smoking in phtography. By the way... Thank your for your other comments :-)

I made changes tothe color of the background - in photoshop of cousrse. Better Doorhof?

Attached Images

Tauseef Vehra is offline   Reply With Quote