Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 30, 2004, 5:14 PM   #1

These are my first attempts at being "professional". There are a couple of places where the detail in the dress are not as good as they could be. This wedding was outdoors at a local park at high noon (soooo not the ideal lighting situation) with clouds that were rolling in and out the whole time. I intended to use my SB-800, but the batteries diedand the extras did not make it into my bag, so I used the onboard flash.

Damon

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:59 AM   #2

Hi Damon.

Nice shots for at first timer. Shooting weddingpics isn't that easy. There's a lot of pressure, right! You did good though, but to be honest to you,I would have a bit more of their clothes in the picture. You have cut to tight IMO. One of the big thing about being married is the dress. Just ask any woman. But I'm sure you have some full body shots too...

I would really like to see the edited editions. So please post!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 1:57 PM   #3

Well I dont want to be harsh but the focus seems off and the details isnt really there...3rd pic the expression of the woman beside the bride is a bit far off from a "keeper" to print and frame.
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 7:28 PM   #4

Klaus DK wrote:
Quote:
Hi Damon.

Nice shots for at first timer. Shooting weddingpics isn't that easy. There's a lot of pressure, right! You did good though, but to be honest to you,I would have a bit more of their clothes in the picture. You have cut to tight IMO. One of the big thing about being married is the dress. Just ask any woman. But I'm sure you have some full body shots too...

I would really like to see the edited editions. So please post!
Thanks, Klaus. Haven't seen you around much.

I agree that in wedding portraiture, the dress is the big deal. But in this case, it was more important to get the expressions and details of the dress because the woman (daughter of my wife's best friend) is actually 4 1/2-months pregnant with the groom's child and it was their request to hide it as much possible. They were not denying the fact she is pregnant, but the focus was to be that she was actully happy about marrying this man. This is also why the requested more "as thing happened" portraits.

My edits can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/digitaldad/r_m_wedding

I am still figuring out Capture but the family is thrilled with these. The majority of these were taken with my D70 and the 50mm f/1.8D lens. The actual ceremony was taken with my 70-300mm f/45.6G lens; a few others were taken with the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED DX lens.

Damon
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:30 PM   #5

With your initial picsI was really not too impressed. However, I think your pictures got stronger the more I looked. I'm certainly no expert but I think you did a good job, especially for a first timer. Did you ever solve that hazing problem you talked about? Good luck in future endeavors!
aliasd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:30 PM   #6

Well done there are some excellent pictures in the albumfrom the link. I really like the candid style shots, the couple's hands, the child with icing on his face, these are the sorts of pictures they will really treasure in years to come.

I am sure they were they were thrilled & you certainly did a good job hiding the bump, i never noticed.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 11:20 PM   #7

Well... i think that's because of the light reflection of the trees and the grass, but the picture looks like a bit greenish.. In myopinion i would make a little color correction in PS.
tapanakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:28 AM   #8

Damon

There are some very precious moments that you captured with the camera. I love the shots of the bride setting on the grass. I also like the shot of the groom and bride when they are at the alter and they are laughing.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote