Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jun 8, 2004, 11:03 PM   #1

Here is a pic from a wedding i attended last weekend, and my attempt to Photoshop it. Any comments are welcome. If you have any Photoshop suggestions i would greatly appreciate them.

Original

Edited

msoe-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:09 AM   #2

they are nice but I would try and clone out some of the patches on her face if you can.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:18 AM   #3
AMG

I would not make the pic darker or increase contrast but rather darken shadows slightly and also a slight color adjustment, slight sharpen and work on her skin a bit like aladyforty said. this is a quick idea of what I mean, but this was a quality pic to start with so only slight changes should be done if any. Also, if you are ging for some impressionistic effect, there is no limit to what you can do with photoshop's blending modes and certain filters to mimick camera filters.
Attached Images

AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 12:06 PM   #4

AMG,

Thank you so much for you suggestions. Your editing looks superb. I'm just learning Photoshop so I will use your pic as a standard. Could you give me a little more help by elaborating on how you touched up her skin, and adjusted the background?

Thank you,

Chris
msoe-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 1:12 PM   #5
AMG

well, I didn't adjust the background, I just adjusted the tonal range on the image which is something you can do in levels or curves. You will have to practice both until you understand how they work. Then, the color was adjusted which can be done in so many ways, but for you for now, use the adjust colorbalance. It allows you to control color separately from shadows areas, midtones and highlights, so that is enoughcontrol to get results. For sharpening, use the unsharp mask filter. The first is the percentage of sharpening, the second isthe radius which you never want too highand the third is threshhold which allows you have the sharpening only affect higher contrast areas, in other words, not sharpen the grain in a photo or other areas you don't want sharpened. That tool needs practice as well. To remove blemishes or other imperfections, the healing brush is a great tool, does not require to much practice, but you need to play with it to understand how it works. it isn't one step, you need to do it slowly bit by bit
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 7:51 PM   #6

where is the healing brush in photoshop???? I may not have it in my version.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:23 AM   #7
kex

Good picture and well edited, AMG!

aladyforty: I can only guess, because I got the german version of Adobe Photoshop. but I think the tool AMG means is this one:

kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:58 AM   #8

thanks, I dont have the healing brushI think I have an earlier version of photoshop
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:22 AM   #9

Wonderful edit AMG!

Great shot of a very happy bride and groom:-)
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:42 PM   #10

here's my try. i think i overdid it on her face, kinda looks like a doll but thats okay.its a learning process besides, i stacked up so many layers already to go back.

sorry if i cannibalized your picture.

berto

Attached Images

berto is offline   Reply With Quote