Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:16 PM   #11

Frank,

Personally, I've GREATLYenjoyed your posts. So much so that when I joined this forum, I was soimpressed with your recent posts, that I went back and watched your progression. Again, I say (as I've said before) very impressive. Keep up the good work, and keep showing us your work.

:evil:Kornbone:evil:,

I would like to 'second' Kalypso's suggestion, PLEASE oh PLEASE share your vast talent, and show off some of your model work. Like Guitarman said, most of us aren't pros anyway, but I doubt your work is so professional that we won't recognize it as being good. Just give us a little more to go on than your black & white/sepia doorway shot to go on as far as being able toform an opinion aboutYOUR talent/experience.

Just my input....

Dave...
DaveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:13 AM   #12

Kornbone, pull your head out of your a$$ and take a breath. When your done doing that, take an english class.

Phantom309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:15 AM   #13

As my Husband pointed out, this girl is not a catwalk model, she is being shot as a photographic model and there are many sizes in this category. The subject of the Photo is HER, not her clothes. Take art school models, they tend to be all shapes and the artist people Ive met tell me that the more curvy the better.

Anyway my husband thinks she is well proportioned and a very attractive model.

This is a fashion model, but is it attractive????????

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 10:31 AM   #14

Kornbone wrote:
Quote:
Well I see people here getting angry because I am telling them the truth.

If you want, go present that model to some of the most popular model agencies and they will laugh in your face.

Notice, I am not talking about my ideals of beauty, but rather the universal guidelines of today's modern models.
This photo is taken from the cover of one of Australia's biggest model magazines, she is very curvy. I gather the photographer did not get laughed at.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 11:51 AM   #15

Frank,

Beautiful shots as usual. My only possible nit-pick is that she's not smiling in any of them. She's beautiful and would look beautiful-er still with a little bit of a grin. MHO anyway.

aladyforty- That 2nd pic you posted....

Wow.
Norm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 12:52 PM   #16

SHe is not the smiling type
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:43 PM   #17
kex

nice job as always, frank!
beautiful and model (!)

@kornbone:

I think you got the definition of "model" wrong, somehow.
Ever heard of uglypeople? It is a model agency and they have ugly people as models.
This is just a really exaggerated comparison, but what I'd like to say is, that there is no clear definition for "model".
Model doesn't mean beautiful or slim.

I think everyone can be a model. And Frank won't have problems presenting his models to a professional agency, and I also mean the beautiful young lady from this thread.

Different people need different models and luckily taste is something everybody defines for him/herself, so you actually can't tell what is beautiful/fat/whatever or not.

To put it in one sentence: beauty is relative, and so is taste. (this is also refering to professional model agencies.)
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 2:04 PM   #18

Great shots, her eyes really are beautiful! I like the one about a movie because it tells a good story. Great job you're amazing. Her eyes are really blue and in the pics where her pupils are bigger is seems to somehow make her eyes look even bluer, don't know why.. maybe it's just me!

I think that Kornbone has gotten enough responses but I agree particularly with Julies point that no wonder so many girls have eating disorders because of people like him who judge other girls and cause a sense of insecurity. I also agree with your points kex.

Quote:
Notice, I am not talking about my ideals of beauty, but rather the universal guidelines of today's modern models.
... Oh really? So theres a universal guideline? Wow... I never knew. So please inform me.. where did you find this universal guideline? Was ino nthe internet of perhaps in a pamphlet?

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:07 PM   #19

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
As my Husband pointed out, this girl is not a catwalk model, she is being shot as a photographic model and there are many sizes in this category. The subject of the Photo is HER, not her clothes. Take art school models, they tend to be all shapes and the artist people Ive met tell me that the more curvy the better.

Anyway my husband thinks she is well proportioned and a very attractive model.

This is a fashion model, but is it attractive????????

She IS attractive. I really like the position the photographer picked to take her picture.

I think the thing that I don't like is the fact that she tries to be everything at the same time, and worst of all, nothing fits her at best.

Instead, the girl in that picture, really goes along that image. Kind of made for a music magazine.
Kornbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:13 PM   #20

Kornbone wrote:
Quote:
Phantom309 wrote:
Quote:
Kornbone, pull your head out of your a$$ and take a breath. When your done doing that, take an english class.

:roll:

Ok. I will step into your same level.

For somebody who complains about bad english, you don't even know how to correctly spell your name.

And to the last poster.

Generally, there is no universal guideline set in stone, but the ones that succeeds are not the "fat" ones.

Actually, his name is spelled correctly. He's a music fan, and Phantom309.com is a jazz music/art website, so yeah, it's correct.

With regard to the guidelines thing, again, this site is mostly an amateur site, with mostly amateur photographers and amatuer models as well. As such, it doesn't really adhere to any "standard guidelines" as such. I fail to see why this is such a big thing. Frank's model is an attractive model, even if not a pro. Just as attractive for photography's sake as the two that Aladyforty posted. It's all good.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote