Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:13 AM   #21

Thanks Guitarman!! There's also a song by Tom Waits called "Big Joe & Phantom309"......great song by the way.

Hey Kornbone, your proctologist called.............THEY FOUND YOUR HEAD!!!!

And for Frank, keep up the great work!!!!
Phantom309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:16 AM   #22

My thoughts are that Kornbone is defining the term "model" by what he sees on TV and in his Teen People, YM, and Cosmo subscriptions.

What he does not realize isthat there are models that don't just model their goodlooks. There are foot models, hand models, hair models, and yup, even male models.

And no, the entire USA is not as shallow as Korn. There are extremely beautiful and successful women that are considered "plus size models". Take a look at Jess. Her threadhas over 16,000 page views and 7 pages of posts and for some odd reason, she is considered a plus size model.

So Korn, you are definitely welcome in these forums, and are welcome to give useful criticism. But if you decide to keep up with putting people down, it is in my humble opinion that you can take a hike and stick with the models in your girlie magazines.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 4:35 AM   #23

You may like skinny girls with no breasts, Kornbone. Fair enough. I don't care what you like to be honest. Personally I tend to not go for shape or size. I do like a girl with bright blue eyes though... Where was I? Oh yeah. But to say "Notice, I am not talking about my ideals of beauty, but rather the universal guidelines of today's modern models." Is foolish and possibly ignorant to. I have no idea about how much knowledge you have of model photography or anything along those lines. But I'm guessing you don't know a great deal. There are no "universal guidelines of today's modern models". The only reason for using skinny girls is because that is what fits the clothes that the designers send out. People design their clothes with certain shapes and lines for a specific size. Change the size up or down and it starts to change from the original design slightly. This means that designers send out small sizes and to fit them you need a skinny model. Sometimes it works the other way around. The clothes are too big for the model so the photographer needs to use pins and grips round the back to get the clothes to fit properly.

There is a clear trend at the moment, moving away from skinny models and to models of a more natural shape.

Ask the average person on the street what they prefer and they will tell you that a bit of fat doesn't mater and that it can even be desirable (see Julies post). And these are the people that mater. These are the ones buying the products.

In all honesty Kornbone, it would be a good idea to not post about things when you clearly have no idea about the subject. It doesn't make you look like the smartest person around. And that isn't an insult, just advice.

And as ever Frank, good work.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 2:59 PM   #24

Good job Frank!

I want to say this and hopefully people will understand my point... I would never say she's fat... I think she's a beautiful model... great pictures... EXCEPT for #3... Sometimes certain angles and poses really over exagerate things... and to me pic #3 is unflattering because her stomach just seems out of proportion... I'm not saying it needs to be a completely flat, washboard, six pack stomach... I'm just saying it seems out of proportion to the rest of her body... Now you can clearly see her stomach in #4 and I find #4 pleasing... but there's something about the angle of #3... just not a pleasing picture. Then #2 and #5 do an outstanding job of showing off her best physical features, her incredible eyes and her long legs... What it boils down to is the old lesson, emphasis the best, minimize the worst... So while I wouldn't say she's fat I would say her stomach is not her best feature and hence would have minimized it like you did in shots #2 and #5 and even in #4...

Just my humble opinion to get folks to thinking without hopefully resorting to name calling...
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 5:37 PM   #25

Mr_Saginaw wrote:
Quote:
Good job Frank!

I want to say this and hopefully people will understand my point... I would never say she's fat... I think she's a beautiful model... great pictures... EXCEPT for #3... Sometimes certain angles and poses really over exagerate things... and to me pic #3 is unflattering because her stomach just seems out of proportion... I'm not saying it needs to be a completely flat, washboard, six pack stomach... I'm just saying it seems out of proportion to the rest of her body... Now you can clearly see her stomach in #4 and I find #4 pleasing... but there's something about the angle of #3... just not a pleasing picture. Then #2 and #5 do an outstanding job of showing off her best physical features, her incredible eyes and her long legs... What it boils down to is the old lesson, emphasis the best, minimize the worst... So while I wouldn't say she's fat I would say her stomach is not her best feature and hence would have minimized it like you did in shots #2 and #5 and even in #4...

Just my humble opinion to get folks to thinking without hopefully resorting to name calling...
See, now that is valid criticism. Saginaw has an opinion about the photos, but doesn't bad mouth the model or photographer.

Is she the most beautiful woman in the world? To some, probably yes. To others, probably not. But what ever your opinion of her or the photographer is, this is not the place to come out with the fat remarks or how amateur it looks.

Great job being tasteful Saginaw.

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 5:40 PM   #26

Saginaw, that was well put and nothing you said could be considered to be distasteful. However, I respectfully disagree with your subjective feelings about picture #3 - I happen to like her looks and pose in that shot (and wish I had a tummy as flat as that)! See, beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder :-)
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 12:34 AM   #27

Seriously, Kornbone, all you've done for the most part is make snide remarks about other peoples' photos. What kind of response did you think you'd get? When you make a snide remark, you're certainly likely to get one back.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 1:30 AM   #28

Kornbone wrote:
Quote:
It is impossible to talk to whiney retards in these forum. They are so retarted that they can't properly reply without excluding the name calling? :roll:

From what I can see, all of you can't accept that your little crappy egos have been broken so they have to come up with your lame responses.
No! You are a retard. And you smell of cabbage.

*grabs Kornbone's lunch money from his hand and runs off*

Ahh... Wasn't school fun? :lol:
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:58 AM   #29

Kornbone, how old are you? How about showing a real photo of yourself instead of the avatar cartoon? Cant you see that there is a difference in a valid comment of a photo to a nasty putdown of a subject in the photo? Make a valid comment without the putdowns and you would get more respect. How about showing some of your own work, I think ive only seen one photo that you have posted (I maybe be wrong, if so sorry) back up what you say without resorting to calling people retards and people would show you more respect.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:01 AM   #30

and Frank, i do hope the model in the photo has not looked at this forum.:!:
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote