Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 31, 2004, 3:00 PM   #1

First time we worked together and I believe not the last time.
Love her eyes.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2004, 6:23 PM   #2

Hi,
I don't really get the deeper meaning of your post ?
I work with amateur models all the time, sometimes even first time models.

Is that bad ?

What makes a model, I think her eyes are very nice so for me she is a lovely model

Greetings,
Frank
Old Jul 31, 2004, 6:53 PM   #3

Oh my you are one funny guy .

Who dictates how a model should look, some are skinny some are extremely big, but to call this one fat is outrageous, she has for me the right body shape, I really hate the more skinny models.

Also please mind with the comments who you can hurt, I don't know what sort of shots you make on a daily base but I guess you must be some kind of big shot pro-shooter for the magazines ??

I love working with amateurs, big, small, ugly or beautifull it makes the challenge that more greater to get a good series.

Some people are just in it for the fun you know, and than those remarks are not really taken with a feel off, thank you.

So please be a bit more human next time, we all have our standards and mine is amateur models and I think we do it very nicely to be honest. Shooting pro's is not really a challenge I think. With Amateurs you have so much more to learn and to explore, and maybe they don't all have the perfect looks/poses/bodies but I prefer them over anything.

Greetings,
Frank
Old Jul 31, 2004, 6:57 PM   #4

That girl is not fat, OMG he need glasses!!!!!!!!!
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 9:21 PM   #5

...those eyes....
KeithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:46 PM   #6

To my eyes, your newest model Frank, is one very nice looking woman. Not fat at all but very pleasing to the eye. Your abilities as a photographer have showcased her very well. Great job!

And her eyes are indeed very expressive...

ps: Perhaps Mr. Kornbone has never seen the plus size models that pose for the covers and/or ads in many of the popular magazines?
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 12:36 AM   #7

Ok, this girl is no skinny rake with the head on a stick syndrome, however she is pleasant to look at and inNO way fat. Take it from someone who is a bit on the well endowed side, SHE AIN'T FAT

I think she would make a great swim suit model actually.

The comments directed at this girl are rude, no wonder there is a problem around the world with Anorexia and Obesity (both are eating disorders often triggered by low self esteem)with comments like this making the average young girl wonder about her own body shape. Fashion magazines and people with this attitude have a lot to answer for.

Finally, Nice shots Frank

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:07 AM   #8

Hi,
Telling the truth and being a total yerk are to different things.
Don't make things worse than they are allready.

I'm working for 6 months now with models, mostly first time models and amateurs, we have no idea of being commercially, we are just having fun.
This model has a good job and is modelling for fun, like I'm having fun.

Don't ruin that with such remarks.

By the way, show us some of your beautiful models, maybe I will change my opinion then.

Greetings,
Frank
Old Aug 1, 2004, 11:11 AM   #9

Kornbone wrote:
Quote:
Well I see people here getting angry because I am telling them the truth.

If you want, go present that model to some of the most popular model agencies and they will laugh in your face.

Notice, I am not talking about my ideals of beauty, but rather the universal guidelines of today's modern models.

That's all well and good, but this is not a professional site for the most part. I'd venture a guess that over 95% of the posters here are amateurs. I understand the point you're trying to make, but I'm not exactly sure it's relevant to the context of this forum.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2004, 7:44 PM   #10

Kornbone,
I don't know why you feel the need to be an a$$hole to Frank, in your other post, he tried to provide you with some constructive criticism and you felt the need to rip on him there too. If you feel you can do better lets see them.

Frank,
I have, quietly, been enjoying watching your progress, keep up the great work. As long as you are enjoying it, don't let one bad apple spoil it for you. And please, just because his location says USA... well lets just say we are not all like that, it's just that the loudest most obnoxious ones always seem to garner the most attention unfortunatly. Keep taking great pics and please keep posting them.
Thanks,
Casey
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote