Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 20, 2004, 5:36 PM   #1
RS2

Just as Jacob made his first appearance, I took this one-handed with a Leica M6 with a 50/1.4 Summilux (Sara had my other hand in a vice-like grip to make sure I could share in the experience).

Ron

RS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2004, 9:52 AM   #2

It's a bit hard to work out whats what with the baby (except his foot):lol:I had my youngest son by Cesarean in sept 1988 and was lucky enough to be awake and a nurse took my camera in and shot quite a few photos of his birth for me, precious memories for us as parents:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:08 AM   #3
RS2

aladyforty

You're right, it is a bit difficult to identify the parts - the original print held the highlights a little better then is seen here. The doctor (my uncle) is holding Jacob's left leg and you obviously can see his foot. You can see the cord, which has two plastic clips on it (Ihad to putdown my Leica in order to cut the cord between the clips). You can also just barely make out Jacob's right hand, although it isout of focus to the right of the clips. The nurse on the right is reaching forward with a suction bulb to clear his mouth, and part ofmy uncle's left hand can be seen beneath the baby's back. Unfortunately, I was actually focusing primarily on my uncle for this picture. He had said that after thirty years of delivering thousands of babies,most of which were photographed, no one had ever given him a picture of him doing the delivery. So I took this shot and made him an 11x14 print, which hung in his office until he retired a couple years ago.

Ron
RS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 6:59 AM   #4

Well it is a good shot of him. I am now prompted to show my photos of my sons birth. Will post them in here under birth photos:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote