Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Oct 16, 2004, 9:55 PM   #11

btw, thanks, hack

Brad
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 10:45 PM   #12

lol, don't worry about sounding mean...it makes sense...they should be wearing Render the Flame shirts

ok, not possible...yet..but next time i get some time for a "real"..planned session...i'll have them wear shirts with nothing on them...or no other bands ...

well, thanks for your comments

i'm basically looking for opinions to help me know if i'm going in the right direction..

but, like it said, this wasn't at all planned....they were all at my house for my b-day party, and i was like, hey...wanna take some band shots...and they were like, sure...why not..

lol

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:10 PM   #13

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
lol, don't worry about sounding mean...it makes sense...they should be wearing Render the Flame shirts

ok, not possible...yet..but next time i get some time for a "real"..planned session...i'll have them wear shirts with nothing on them...or no other bands ...

Vito
Vito, a genius of your calibre should be able to fix those shirts without re-shooting. You can make those shirts say anything you want. That's your homework for tomorrow's class. :roll:

BTW... Happy Birthday... whenever that was.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:29 PM   #14

Hey Vito,

Happy B-day, 16 now?? As for the pic, I like the double exposure idea, but think you could take two pics of them and then one without to get them a little more visual. One idea is to shoot them in a dark room so you could get a nice black BG then put in post pr. some flames(to match the band name) coming up around their feet.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:52 AM   #15

thanks guys

yeah, 16(the thursday before this last one....the 7th)....in a year i'll be able to drive to the beach for sunrise (depending on how early i'm allowed to drive with the restricted license lol) whenever i want

ok...i'll have to explain how i did this shot for you to fully understand why i can't really change anything (well...i "could" change the t-shirts..but not the opacity)

i actually, set up the tripod, and used a 15 second shutter at an arperture of somewhere around f5.6....(i changed it a couple times...) and an ISO of 50...(noise is deadly any higher, and i decided after two shots i didn't like the noise for effect in this one.lol)

anyway...i had my 220ex flash on there, so it would flash then the shutter would be open for 15 seconds..

so, basically, i had them stand there, posed, i'd hit the shutter, the flash would go off, i had my sister (graciously helping me...probably cuz the shortest one is her boyfriend lol) count to 6, then they ran out of the shot...

so, no double exposure, just one shot....just long exposure, so it exposes the background when they aren't there...

they might've shown up better if i had the flash go off just on the background...have them run in right after it and pose for the rest of the exposure...

i dunno...there are many ways i could've had them show up more....but the purpose was "ghost"

which i got here, but it just didn't work...

so i'll try again

Vito
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:51 AM   #16

oh ya, i forgot:roll:, happy b-day
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 10:25 AM   #17

Hi Vito;

Excellent problem solving to engineer this shot. I'm impressed. yeah, there are hundreds of ways to get a shot. I think it's cool the way you did it.

Regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 11:43 AM   #18

thanks brad

thanks tom...i agree...hundreds of ways.

but, this was the one i knew

Vito
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:12 PM   #19

Vito -

I hear you on the ISO 50. My G3 gets very noisy at anything above when doing long shutter shots at night.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 10:14 PM   #20

haha, the G2 get's really noisy set for anything higher...Anytime!

lol

i don't mind though, as long as ISO 50 is dead clear of noise (most definetely is) it's perfectly fine with me

i needed a long shutter for this shot anyway

Vito