Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:51 PM   #1

Second trial session for the jeans commercials.
This time the model is Corine.

More on www.doorhof.nl/com
And some model shots of Corine on www.doorhof.nl/models

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:55 PM   #2

Frank, I was going to say something funny, but as I was staring at the first photo(which is my favorite, or one of them ) I noticed the right rear pocket design stitching was lop-sided on the curves as they make the arch. It only took a few seconds(minutes) to notice this, and it became a distraction. Does the manufacturer have a better pair of jeans to show case? Corine is also very distracting, but in a good way. One more suggestion, could Corine wear cowboy boots with those jeans? It's just something that I've been sitting here contemplating.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:49 PM   #3

THE 1st and 5th PHOTOS ARE OUTSTANDING.... I am not too fond of the 4th one. As always, you have produced great work. Keep it up...
Bagsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:45 PM   #4

the first and the last pictures are my fave. because its more deliberate with the product- oh and the girl too, lovely!

second picture.. umm, i don't know. doesn't do it with the boots.

technically, your always on!
berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:03 PM   #5

1,3,&5 are my favorites in that order. How's the project coming along Frank? Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:51 AM   #6

The project is taking shape.
The next 2 weeks they will be thinking about the style they like and than the real shots will be made.

This is not the real collection by the way, they are samples.
The real collection will be different they say.

Greetings,
Frank
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:10 AM   #7

Yes, I agree #1,#3,#5 are the best (no particular order, for me)... OK,

#1 is pretty much perfect the way it is.

#3 is nice (but would like to see Co. label and no pallets).

#5 is sexy... I like it for that- sexy but not quite personal. I would remove the boots from this picture (distracting). Great pose! nice @ss- looks natural. Label placement also good.

I'm impressed that you would put out your work for preliminary critique, takes a lot of guts! The only time people see my work is when it's completed. Frank, I wish you lots of luck with this new venture... itwill bemore difficult than most people realise- It is an entirely different animal compared to simple pretty model shots.

Regards,

Bjane
Bjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 4:19 AM   #8

Thanks Bjane,
Some people indeed don't understand this, but with these kind of critiques I can build something, when not getting responses from the target group I can never progress.

Between the first and this session allready is a big difference.
I also get alot of responses that the pictures are not based on the model but only on the jeans, well yeah duh

Greetings,
Frank
Old Jan 6, 2005, 12:15 PM   #9

I'm going with one and five, too. If they are seeking a style, I'm wondering if there should be a few totally different shots...like MoonGypsy said...maybe cowboy boots and a sassy look out from under a cowboy hat. Maybe they will need different looks for different geographical areas. Country singers are huge (over here anyway) and you could do a lot down many different avenues.

OK...maybe these are dorky...just sitting here thinking out loud...

If the target market is 14-24 year old girls, what about a girl in a desk leaning up over her desk whispering to a friend in the desk ahead of her?

What about riding a dirtbike or street bike? GIRL POWER!! Not hanging on to some stud in front, but riding on her own.

What about on an escalator with a bag with the company logo...like she just got more, again focused down low?

What about sitting on some hay bales with one leg up and one down and a pair of work gloves beside her?

What about with one of those fluffy scarf things the teenie boppers wear being held outstretched between her hands across her rear?

What about a barefoot girl on a rope swing?

What about a three girls backsides sitting on stools at a diner?

What about wall to wall girls with their arms around each other with their backsides filling the frame left to right?

I don't know...just trying to think of different ways to approach this.
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 1:49 PM   #10

WisconsinGirl wrote:
Quote:
I'm going with one and five, too. If they are seeking a style, I'm wondering if there should be a few totally different shots...like MoonGypsy said...maybe cowboy boots and a sassy look out from under a cowboy hat. Maybe they will need different looks for different geographical areas. Country singers are huge (over here anyway) and you could do a lot down many different avenues.

OK...maybe these are dorky...just sitting here thinking out loud...

If the target market is 14-24 year old girls, what about a girl in a desk leaning up over her desk whispering to a friend in the desk ahead of her?

What about riding a dirtbike or street bike? GIRL POWER!! Not hanging on to some stud in front, but riding on her own.

What about on an escalator with a bag with the company logo...like she just got more, again focused down low?

What about sitting on some hay bales with one leg up and one down and a pair of work gloves beside her?

What about with one of those fluffy scarf things the teenie boppers wear being held outstretched between her hands across her rear?

What about a barefoot girl on a rope swing?

What about a three girls backsides sitting on stools at a diner?

What about wall to wall girls with their arms around each other with their backsides filling the frame left to right?

I don't know...just trying to think of different ways to approach this.
All great suggestions. But, butt shots sell jeans.
sorry :-)

Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote