Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:25 PM   #1

It's been a while but but we finally got together again to practice this fun hobby.
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:52 PM   #2

Same shoot, bit different lighting. (Any comments welcomed, of course...)

KennethD
Old Jan 6, 2005, 7:02 AM   #3

Wonderful model.
work some on the backgrounds and floor make that a bit more attractive.
Posing on number two is good, number 1 is very funny, I like the strange color of her eyes, it immediatly drew my attention.
Number 3 doesn't work for me somehow it's not my cup of tea.

Keep on going, love to see more of her.
Or better come over with her .
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:24 PM   #4

#2...nice pose although the shiny outfit would look better in something muted (closer to candle light). #3 I'm not sure of...the lack of light on her face is too much.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:17 PM   #5

Sometimes I feel like I have the IQ of a bag of hammers! It's usually after I get a couple of suggetions or comments from this forum (typically Frank, and Kalypso, for technical and lighting) that it sometimes clicks. I'm able to say doh...! t h a t ' s why it isn't quite right! I looked at the one where Jesse's sitting and even tho I really like the shot overall, it didn't occur to me to ease off the light to minimize the reflection on the outfit. Couldn't put my finger on it but I knew there was ...something...not quite right. My next attempts will be geared toward working the background a little and considering light reflection too. I like that outfit on Jesse and we'll no doubt include it next time too. Good news...I am enroled in a digital photography course at our technical intstute in March. I'm looking forward to that. I did try to experiment with some of the lighting suggestions I got from you guys last time, and I was happy enough with the results, but I am not sure if I'll post those this time because they were like an assignment for me and not our best stuff. Just to let you know your remarks are taken to heart, and appreciated. I must tell you I am having a blast! I love working with Jessica, we look at our last stuff, try to figure out what we need to do, and take it from there. There are real pluses working with the same model all the time...especially for me as a newb. I think we're heading in the right direction. Jessica's mom says she can't go yet Frank...but maybe in Spring when she's finished Art Collegefor the year. Best regards,

KennethD
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:43 PM   #6

...don't forget to tell her Mom that Alabama is closer... ;-)
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:05 AM   #7

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
...don't forget to tell her Mom that Alabama is closer... ;-)
I keep her updated all the time and just sent her a copy of your request...You just never know...Best regards, KennethD
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:02 AM   #8

A few moreto add variety...
Attached Images

Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:35 AM   #9

That last one is very nice.
Try to back the backlight a little bit down.
It's now overpowering some of the contours of the model.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:40 AM   #10

Kenneth,

I like the third pose very much; however, although not as overpowering as in the fourth picture, the backlight is still a bit too strong. I did something with the pic to illustrate a technique I use to spot flaws in my pics that I somehow seem to overlook. I hope you don't mind. This is a critique, but I'm definitely not critical of your work. You're doing very well and much, much better than I. Having said that, when I did this near silhouette, I noticed that some of her hair almost seemed to be coming out of her nose. As you can see, I removed it. I think the near silhouette looks better without it, and I believe your pic would have benefitted if that part of her hair had been brushed back, also. At any rate, it's a trick I hope is helping me to improve. Give it a try if you like and see what you think. By the way, I live in Arkansas; and tell Jessica's mom that, yes, I will give my right arm.
Attached Images

lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote