Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 8, 2005, 4:47 AM   #1

Just some candid shots I took this afternoon at my local beach, a five minute drive away and a great place to use your camera.

did not want to show the faces as I took these without their knowledge

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:58 AM   #2

Wow-- nothing like that "golden hour." The light was really right. That first one is awesome!

(p.s.-- my driveway has about 12" inches of unshovelled snow right now. That s. hemishere beach is lookin' pretty nice right now!)
Scotious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:30 AM   #3

thanks, lighting was nice around 4pm in the afternoon.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:07 AM   #4

I just love the colorsin your new avatar.
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:10 AM   #5

Scotious wrote:
Quote:
Wow-- nothing like that "golden hour." The light was really right. That first one is awesome!

(p.s.-- my driveway has about 12" inches of unshovelled snow right now. That s. hemishere beach is lookin' pretty nice right now!)
Ya...got some of that white blech, all over my driveway, sidewalk, patio, backstairs....groan. Trade shoveling that stuff for a warm beach any day. Bring on the global warming!!! The day I see banana leaves poking up outa my back yard, I'll believe the theory. Until then any one whining about global warming can show up on my doorstep with a snow shovel, and I'll show'em it ain't happening. Best regards, oops...almost forgot M'lady...very nice pictures...blush...sorry (hate snow)

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 5:36 PM   #6

I will swap ya sometime, I hate the heat. I like the fine sunny days when one can go to the beach but not the extreme hot days which come around sometimes. Where I live is pretty mild compared to the inland farming areas where I drive with my job. I would love to see snow at Christmas, new year time.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 6:36 PM   #7

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
I will swap ya sometime, I hate the heat. I like the fine sunny days when one can go to the beach but not the extreme hot days which come around sometimes. Where I live is pretty mild compared to the inland farming areas where I drive with my job. I would love to see snow at Christmas, new year time.
In the mountains, I have a small cabin which I built myself. (I'll see if I can dredge up a winter picture for you) I don't mean to dampen your desire to see snow. Up at the cabin, where I have no walks to shovel etc., it can be very picturesque, and in those circumstances with a lake and ski hills nearby, it takes on a different meaning. Sliding sideways on a hill, on ice, scraping the frozen stuff off the windshield, getting stuck in a drift at the end of the driveway...those are the drawbacks, oh one last thing, the ugly factor. It's the thing that makes it all so tiring. We use pea gravel and salt on the roads to help with traction and to melt the snow and ice faster on the roads. It's an ugly brown malignant looking mess on every street in town. By spring it lies around by the ton. Our trees compliment the colors by losing all their leaves and standing at attention stripped down to their ashen grey underwear. It takes one motorist a few seconds to engage another in a fender bender, and in our little town of around a million, that brings traffic to a c r a w l... (pardon me, I have to wipe my eyes...) there, now I feel better. What do you mean you fell asleep...? Well, that should purge me for now. In short, ya...I'll swap ya!!! Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:46 PM   #8

My parents grew up in England and tell me that snow is over rated and there are bad sides to this weather, Mum has a scar on her face where she slipped on ice as a child and cut her face on the back door step. I would still like to see it. Friends of mine travel through Europe, Canada and USA about two years ago and spent Christmas in Boston, they came back with some great photos of the snow, making snow men and all that stuff. They loved Canada which was the other choice my parents had down when they emigrated from England to Australia the year before I was born. Still I love being an Aussie.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:55 PM   #9

You call a million a little town!!!!! You were joking?????? Our capital city (in western Australia)Perth has 1.3 million. My town Albany, which is classed as a large regional country city has a population of25 thousand, andincluding the outlying areas35 thousand.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 8:56 PM   #10

MoonGypsy wrote:
Quote:
I just love the colorsin your new avatar.

Thanks, I am always changing them.