Hi everyone

Here are some pics... your reviews matter a lot

People - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395699.html

Besties

Dyu
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:40 PM   #2

Had it been focused and if the top of the man's head weren't cut off, you would have had a real winner with the photo of the couple smiling and looking at each other. Most of these are nice snapshots, though.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:41 PM   #3

I interpret this post as a link to a site selling your photos. I'm just scratching my head to think whether or not this contravenes the rules of the forum. Anyone care to comment? Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:12 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments Barry

Kenneth..... No No No this is not a site to sell pics......... I wouldnt be asking for your comments on the pics i thought i was good enough to sell my pics... I'm new to photography and hosting and everything that is related to technology... it is just a setting on the web-host that i have now managed to rectify... please chk now and let me know if there are anything else that contravenes the rules of the forum.. please let me know and dont bar me from the forum

Besties

Dyu
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:38 PM   #5

egad, man...I am not a moderator, I am not an official for this site. Let your mouse rest on the forums label on the main page and read the request that is displayed, concerning commercial activities, or whatever. I am a member, pure and simple, just curious if this was within the guidelines. I didn't mean to spook you. Best regards,

KennethD

I will just add a comment. And include an apology.Please don't interpret my post as anything more than me wondering how the forum works, where the boundaries are. I repeat, I am not a moderator, and I hope, asyou are a recent member too,I have not caused you any worry.Sorry ifmy post upset you.

KennethD
Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:40 PM   #6

dyu_d

I really like "Tomorrow will be a brand new day"

Jim
jim47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:29 AM   #7
Administrator

KennethD:

No, it's obviously not a commercial post.

Even if it was a site that sold images, it would be left up to interpretation as to whether or not a post to such an album would violate the spirit of the rules.

In most cases, it would not (unless the poster was obviously trying to use this forum for selling). Because many sites that host images have advertisements, posts to user albums on them are generally not considered to be an attempt to sell anything. It's only a way fora member to let others see their photos.

An exception may be if someone is trying to promote a given site for commercial gain -- in which case we'd make a judgement call, as we do not want the forums used for this purpose.

In this case, I don't even see advertisements, much less an attempt to sell anything.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:30 AM   #8
Administrator

Dyu:

Thanks for sharing!

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 1:49 PM   #9

JimC wrote:
Quote:
KennethD:

In this case, I don't even see advertisements, much less an attempt to sell anything.

I agree. I questioned this only because initially there was a "buy" option label under each photo, which was the reason I worded my post the way I did. Obviously, from the response to my post this was something to do with the site rather than a projection of intent. Dyu_d's reaction to my post got my attention. And my apology. The "buy" option has been removed, but you can see from my subsequent post I was a little surprised that I caused such a stir. I myself am a new member and not sure of how Steve's site reglulates commercial activities. My guess is you visited the site after the change was made, but that's neither here nor there. Thanks, Jim I was glad to read your post, and I'm sure Dyu_d's relieved that a moderator has green lighted his site and given him a friendly greeting from Steve's. Best regards,

KenethD
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:23 AM   #10

Hey Jim / Kenneth

Thanks a ton for your concern... Kenneth no apology needed... I'm glad you bought things to my notice cause i would really not want to violate rules on a great forum like this.

The feedback on this forum to my pics has really helped me grow as a photographer.... thanks for that.

Hope to keep posting some good work.

Besties

Dyu