Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:29 AM   #1

Ummm I have to say that the photo of the day "Country Life" would have to be the oneof the worst "photo of the day" shots Ive seen. The subject could have been great with good lighting, Overexposed in the sky, and her legs look too dark for the top half of her body. There is some kind of lens glare on the left side at roof level, the bottom left of the photo and between her legs the grass is a different color to the rest of ground cover, her chest looks as if she has some kind of rash but I believe that is about the lighting.

I usually admire all the shots chosen for this but I find it hard to believe this one was chosen. Surely kalypso or Frank would have put this shot to shame. I dont normally critisize and I really believe this girl has been done an injustice because Im sure she would have made a great photo in other circumstances. I dont want tooffend the photographer but I dont think this is a photo of the day shot.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:41 AM   #2

I agree with you Julie.
kadok6330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:16 AM   #3

I can't even see a heading in the forums home page that says 'photo of the day'.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:26 AM   #4

Ok...I just found it...it's a link at steves digicams MAIN page (not the forums page). The picture looks quite ok to me. The darker legs just gives better contrast and makes the picture more interesting. Sure ..the chest is a bit red, but makes the photo maybe more realistic...since not all people have perfect skin etc. But since the photo is entitled 'country life', the red skin may be a little bit of country sunburn, which fits in with the theme. Also adds extra colour/dimension to the shot.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:30 AM   #5

One thing though....number 17 of january photos...
http://www.steves-digicams.com/dpotd...5/01172005.jpg

That's not a photo!
Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:37 PM   #6

another of my frustrating attempts to do this rock justice... a quick edit ...our moderator Kalypso points out a bit further down that we have wandered from the "people" topic here, and so to cop a mea culpa, and to bring us back on topic, there are some people shots waiting for you a bit further along...blush...:idea:
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:41 PM   #7

awright...no more after this one (it's nature's own "rock star" ain't she a beauty??)
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:53 PM   #8

Since this is the People Photos forum...if somebody doesn't post a people pic in a hurry, it's going to be in the "Other Photos" forum.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:00 PM   #9

ROCKS is peeple ain't they??? Ok...lol...ok...how about Jessica Z by the river??
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:04 PM   #10

to make up for the rock shots...totally overlooked the forum title....D'OHH!!!
Attached Images