Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:05 AM   #11

BY THE WAY, I think that the Cowgirl portrait is COOL.. She is VERY cute in that picture. I think all the work is OUTSTANDING.
Bagsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:06 PM   #12

Thank you so much.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:59 PM   #13

Amazing as always Frank. The cowgirl is cool, but the gun is wrong... you need a six-shooter (or a replica) like a Colt .45 rather than the semi-automatic you've got her using (Beretta 9mm replica? Anyone, is that right?). But your work is amazing. We so appreciate your posting... not only for the eye candy but also for the inspiration!

Best

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:53 PM   #14

perdendosi wrote:
Quote:
Amazing as always Frank. The cowgirl is cool, but the gun is wrong... you need a six-shooter (or a replica) like a Colt .45 rather than the semi-automatic you've got her using (Beretta 9mm replica? Anyone, is that right?). But your work is amazing. We so appreciate your posting... not only for the eye candy but also for the inspiration!

Best

Very nice. I had lots of fun checking out all of them, admiring the lighting and set ups. Funny I didn't scope out the prerequisite six shooter. Good eye...Perdendosi!! Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:43 PM   #15

Thanks for the clarification!
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:59 PM   #16

all very nice photos but I have to say the first one really made impact on first look, it is an outstanding photo and you should enter it in some competition:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:45 PM   #17

You know the fun thing about Frank's work is how we all see different things to laud. My favorite image is the sideways one on the rug... because she has this unique expression... interested, contemplative, but yet content. Plus, it demonstrates the model's AMAZING facial symmetry. The kitchy "buckaroo" pic is very interesting, in that the model is sitting on this (undersized) hobby horse in a rather strange vaccuum which makes it aesthetically interesting, IMHO. But then many others here like other pics better (like No. 1, whichI think is great, but not quite as unique as the buckaroo pic nor quite as emotionally appealing as the rug pic).

In other words, Frank is just too good!

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:34 AM   #18

your right there, people do have different likes. However the thing I have found with photos is to look at them for three things in this order, Impact (a photo really has to jump out of the page at you to draw you in) composition then technical. I don't particularly like the cowgirl shot but then thats my opinion because I don't like what appears silly (no offensive Frank) it's a fun shot, very well done but it does not grab me in any way. Where as the first shot to me is so well done, I cant really pick anything about it that lets it down in any way.

If I had to rank these shots, this would be the order

1, 7,6,3,5,4,2

I would be interested in how others work out what they like

Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:57 AM   #19

Hi,
No offense taken (never actually ).

The reason I never only take one look in a session, I alway's try to squeeze one humour shot in one sensual and a few normal.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:47 AM   #20

Frank Doorhof wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
No offense taken (never actually ).

The reason I never only take one look in a session, I alway's try to squeeze one humour shot in one sensual and a few normal.

Greetings,
Frank
well I guess that would give everyone something to look at that they like.:lol: