Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:20 AM   #11

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi aladyforty!
I posted this photo yesterday then withdrew it later as it seemed I was offending one of the people in this thread. I am fairly new here and don't wish to offend or hurt anyones feelings concerning thier work, by offering suggestions. I really enjoy this forum and love looking at everyones work. Here is a repost of what I added to your photo.

Bob H.

Thanks, I like the improvements, I would not worry too much about offending anyone in these forums, usually if someone does have a problem it is worked out anyway. Very few people have caused problems in these forums. This are a great learning place too. Ive learned so much since I joined digicams, mainly from looking at other peoples photos and work and asking questions, questions, questions until Im sure at times I annoyed the heck out of some people:-)Anyway I shall work on my photo and improve it some more before I give it back to the original owner.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:23 AM   #12

Rodney, Thanks, I will have a look at some other versions, The owner will be happy with what ever I give her.:-)

bhammittI doubt that you would have offended Tom
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 3:52 PM   #13

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi aladyforty!
I posted this photo yesterday then withdrew it later as it seemed I was offending one of the people in this thread. I am fairly new here and don't wish to offend or hurt anyones feelings concerning thier work, by offering suggestions. I really enjoy this forum and love looking at everyones work. Here is a repost of what I added to your photo.

Bob H.
Hi Bob.

I hope you did not think you had offended me! My old skin is so thick nothing bothers me much. My comment was for Julie, who mentioned that she had been asked to edit the original for someone else. That is a difficult task. I also assumed that she was open to any suggesions that we might have for her. That's why we all come looking here. I would have taken a shot atit myself, but life is really hectic right now. We are five days from opening Evita! at the Chrysler theatre in Windsor this week, so I've put everything else on hold. (check us out at www.theatrealive.com Wish me luck.)

regards,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078

P.S. I saw your stuff on darwin. I recognized it immediately. I would have posted a comment, but that link is sometimes not to be found.
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 4:28 PM   #14

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
I never took the photo, was given to me to do something with to improve it. was not much of a photo yet owner wanted to keep it with some kind of improvements, there was a lot of clutter in the background so I thought this was the way to go.

Having seen the oringinal,and compared it to later work, I like the little corner decor. The brownish background looks alright to my eye, but I wonder if the symmetry wouldn't be better if the brown tone were rounded at the top to keep the same overall shape of the subject. ( ? ) Merely pondering the question, best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:11 AM   #15

Hi Tom, that's cool that you're working on Evita, I'm actually playing guitar in a local college's version of "Footloose" which is going on this week.

Julie, I have to say that I completely agree with Rodney's opinion of your post work, It's really very good. Your ability to work with colors amazes me, I remember seeing some photos some time ago you had added color to that were originally either faded or in black & white, and thinking to myself that there was no way that I could have done something like that.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote