Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:51 AM   #1

photo removed
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:20 AM   #2

go for it, I had problems with that area:-)
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:45 AM   #3

Good work, Julie. I think you've given the shot its proper focus. (I find it hard to edit work for others. I often get comments like, "Wow, I love it! ...now can you do ____ instead?) :roll:I think you've done your job well.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://www.darwinonline.org/index.php?cat=11078
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:45 PM   #4

I'm sure I'd appreciat this more if I saw the original. I can't get into adding fancy distracting elements to pictures, however.

Did you try other effects like bluring the background which would isolate the subject and not be such a distraction?

Although this is not something I care for, you do terrific post work.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:21 PM   #5

heres the original, was a bad flash shot, yes I tried blurring the background etc but chose to go for a complete change in the end:-)

Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:23 PM   #6

Bhammitt, Im looking forward to seeing what you or anyone else can do to help me with this photo, Im open to all Ideas, helps me learn new stuff all the time:-)
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:28 PM   #7

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
I'm sure I'd appreciat this more if I saw the original. I can't get into adding fancy distracting elements to pictures, however.

Did you try other effects like bluring the background which would isolate the subject and not be such a distraction?

Although this is not something I care for, you do terrific post work.

Rodney

Ive only just started trying this stuff out, most of the photos I take are in wildlife, thats where most of my posts are:-)I rarely would use these borders, Im just getting practice in as Ive got a friends wedding coming up and she has asked me to take some photos (they have a pro as well) and do some fancy edges on them. Ive got one week now to learn:crazy:
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:52 AM   #8

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Hi aladyforty!
I posted this photo yesterday then withdrew it later as it seemed I was offending one of the people in this thread. I am fairly new here and don't wish to offend or hurt anyones feelings concerning thier work, by offering suggestions. I really enjoy this forum and love looking at everyones work. Here is a repost of what I added to your photo.

Bob H.
I can only assume you refer to me after reviewing the comments in this thread. My comments were for the thread originator. Not you.

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:57 AM   #9

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
heres the original, was a bad flash shot, yes I tried blurring the background etc but chose to go for a complete change in the end:-)

I have to agree that your edited version is 100% better. I'm not confident that the additional elements is needed. I think I'd leave those out and crop the image a bit tighter. Also, if you can whiten the background a bit more it will probably look better. As is, the clean white edges make the area behind the subject look dirty. Possibly a darker shade for the edges will work better?

I'm impressed with how well you've brought out the colors of the jacket and skin tones here. I played with the image for a few minutes and couldn't do it. Bravo to you!

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:18 AM   #10

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Rodney
No sir. I was not refering to you.

Sincerly
Bob H.
Cool deal. I just wanted to make certain there is not a misunderstanding who my response was to since I neglected to quote their message.

Rodney