Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:42 PM   #11

Aaaaaaarrrrgh!!! I must confess the homophobic in me made wince. Whether or not it's a natural or unatural instinct, I can't say. But I find a lot of that type of photography blares homosexual interest. It's the thing that makes male nudes so tough for me to interpret. There has been so much overkill lately with media falling all over themselves to stir the pot in the controversy over gay marriage, gay this and gay that. I don't see a legitimate case being made to use art as a platform for either gay OR striaght sexual promotion! So when I see pictures of males or females and the prominent feature of the display, or photograph has something to do with genitalia, I'd rather not have to make the decision as to whether it's art or just a cheap shot at promoting one's sexual preference. So rather than make the wrong judgement intrepreting the intent of the presenter, I'd just as soon not see it in a public forum. Now having said that, nudes that do not display genitalia, pass my scrutiny without comment, whether they are male or female. The portion of society that gets up on a soapbox and promotes politically correct issues have no place in the world of art, in my opinion. Independent of sexual orientation, anyone ought to be able to enjoy a hobby especially photography, unconcerned with the endless squabble and debate that sexual preference and innuendo always bring to the table. At this point I'm even wondering if my opinions on the topic ought to be voiced elsewhere, and not in a photo forum, so I'll leave the last word to you, and y'all who have followed this thus far can breathe easy, I'm dustin' off muh camera an headin tuh take me some pixshures!! Best regards, (and no offense intended...to anyone!!)

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:52 PM   #12

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Aaaaaaarrrrgh!!! I must confess the homophobic in me made wince. Whether or not it's a natural or unatural instinct, I can't say. But I find a lot of that type of photography blares homosexual interest. It's the thing that makes male nudes so tough for me to interpret. There has been so much overkill lately with media falling all over themselves to stir the pot in the controversy over gay marriage, gay this and gay that. I don't see a legitimate case being made to use art as a platform for either gay OR striaght sexual promotion! So when I see pictures of males or females and the prominent feature of the display, or photograph has something to do with genitalia, I'd rather not have to make the decision as to whether it's art or just a cheap shot at promoting one's sexual preference. So rather than make the wrong judgement intrepreting the intent of the presenter, I'd just as soon not see it in a public forum. Now having said that, nudes that do not display genitalia, pass my scrutiny without comment, whether they are male or female. The portion of society that gets up on a soapbox and promotes politically correct issues have no place in the world of art, in my opinion. Independent of sexual orientation, anyone ought to be able to enjoy a hobby especially photography, unconcerned with the endless squabble and debate that sexual preference and innuendo always bring to the table. At this point I'm even wondering if my opinions on the topic ought to be voiced elsewhere, and not in a photo forum, so I'll leave the last word to you, and y'all who have followed this thus far can breathe easy, I'm dustin' off muh camera an headin tuh take me some pixshures!! Best regards, (and no offense intended...to anyone!!)

KennethD
How on earth did you twist this around to a sexual orientation issue?
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:27 PM   #13

Rodney,

I'm curious as to why you are curious. Are you saying that if I've never suggested this before then I must be a homophobe? It seems that you want this to be some kind of sexual orientation issue. The nudes I may or may not be comfortable with are not the issue and really none of your business. Also, this was a suggestion, not a request.

Kalypso has made his feelings know on this and it sounds fine to me so let's chalk the whole thing up as a bad suggestion and move on.
ThreeTikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:36 PM   #14

ThreeTikis wrote:
Quote:
Rodney,

I'm curious as to why you are curious. Are you saying that if I've never suggested this before then I must be a homophobe? It seems that you want this to be some kind of sexual orientation issue. The nudes I may or may not be comfortable with are not the issue and really none of your business. Also, this was a suggestion, not a request.

Kalypso has made his feelings know on this and it sounds fine to me so let's chalk the whole thing up as a bad suggestion and move on.
I politely asked a question. I'm new to the forum and when looking back through previous threads I've not seen requests or suggestions to seperate the forum. Of course, I've not had time to view all the posts.

Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:55 PM   #15

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:

How on earth did you twist this around to a sexual orientation issue?
:G...sorry Rodney. orientation is secondary to content and...intent. I'll send you a PM. Best regards,

KennethD
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:13 PM   #16

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
I politely asked a question. I'm new to the forum and when looking back through previous threads I've not seen requests or suggestions to seperate the forum. Of course, I've not had time to view all the posts.
Rodney,

I really would not suggests this again if I'd suggested it before. But I'm still curious as to why you care. Are you doing your Master's thesis? Are you the PC police? If so, take me away on the charge of "poor timing of a suggestion".

brady
ThreeTikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:51 PM   #17

Ok...everybody seems to have had their opinions heard and since this is a Forum for People Pictures, we'll all move on (if nobody's going to post a picture). Oh, what they hey...I will.

Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:12 PM   #18

Good idea. Jessica Z and my son (left) and his friend. Sometimes they hang out.
Attached Images

Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:14 PM   #19

Jessica Z and Bailey...
Attached Images

Old Feb 27, 2005, 5:22 AM   #20

Kenneth,

Apparently the fact I'm new here and amateurish images I've shared mislead you to conlude I'm just a weekend shooter who desires to make some kind of statement. This is not true, however.

My nude posts were clearly labeled so that those who do not appreciate such material are not forced to view it.

I did not appreciate the private message I received from you.

Rodney