Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:18 AM   #21

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
My guess is the request for a new forum was generated by a post that followed your entry, under male nude. If you haven't seen it, then you might assume the general drift of this is aimed at your posts. The post was IMHO nothing more than a display of male genitals. As you can see, it was edited...removed...by a moderator. I've not seen full frontal nudity, (my definition of...)here in this forum, that I can recall, until recently, with your posts. Thats not to say the issue hasn't been brought up and debated. I don't sense that you've been specifically (or negatively) targeted. Do you? Best regards,

KennethD
No, I didn't feel I had been targeted. I was just being silly.

I'm not in complete agreement with you on the genital issue. I think intent has a lot to do with it too. Below is a link to a shot I did not too long ago and I think it is very tatesful. It's a nude if you care to look at it.

**Warning--Link Contains Nudity**

I've enjoyed the discussions.

Rodney

Wheres that link, dang I keep missing things, you guys are gonna think Im a dirty old woman at this rate with me asking what happened to all this male nude stuff:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:22 AM   #22

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:

Wheres that link, dang I keep missing things, you guys are gonna think Im a dirty old woman at this rate with me asking what happened to all this male nude stuff:-)
LOL...You are a mess! Here is the link you ask about.

RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:25 AM   #23

nice photo but couldnt his thingy be more relaxed, then the eyes would not be so drawn to it:-)maybe being a female does not help here:roll:
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:38 AM   #24

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
nice photo but couldnt his thingy be more relaxed, then the eyes would not be so drawn to it:-) maybe being a female does not help here:roll:
You may not realize this, but I(the photographer) have decided what you see and the order in which you see it. When you opened the image, your eyes were first attracted to his chest because I made his chest the brightest object in this scene. Your eyes follow his torso down(following the light)until you reach his lower abs where you are confronted with a road block(shadow). Your eyes then travel down the highlighted leg until you reach the dumbells(piercing) which are brighter than the leg. Road trip over! :G

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:41 AM   #25

:lol:Ok I will let you think that:G
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:47 AM   #26

If this had been an 8x10 print and someone quickly placed it in your view for just a second, his chest is the only thing you would notice. The more time allowed to view, the more your eyes will see.

Study this example of how contrast determins the visual path. It will help you with your photo edits too.

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:53 AM   #27

I tried opening the shot again with my eyes shut then quickly opening them, yes my eyes were straight to the chest and the tatoos, maybe because I was not looking for the nudity unlike the first time.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:59 AM   #28

Unfortunately, I provided a link and when you open the link it is surrounded by bright white...If I had created a mat for a buffer, the impact would be greater.

Rodney
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:22 PM   #29

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
nice photo but couldnt his thingy be more relaxed, then the eyes would not be so drawn to it:-) maybe being a female does not help here:roll:
You may not realize this, but I(the photographer) have decided what you see and the order in which you see it.
You ascertained this....H O W ?:?Just curious (sounds kind of like Kreskin...)

My point is, every photographer hopes the viewer will respond favorably. No one can predict accurately, with absolute certainty (well maybe Kreskin) how anyone will respond upon viewing a photograph. Wishful thinking won't make it so. Presenting work to an audience whose only benefit is the joy they get from looking, is a mutually shared reward. The forum is full of examples of this. Telling your audience how they will see your work, sounds a bit brutal. I note (in keeping with the spirit of the forum) that you feel free to give advice where you see it fits. Don't be insulted if or when some is offered to you...it keeps us all sharp. I like the idea that you'veposted here, there are so many fine photographers and should you need it they are not shy to help out new members. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:35 PM   #30

RodneyBlair wrote:
Quote:
Kenneth,

Apparently the fact I'm new here and amateurish images I've shared mislead you to conlude I'm just a weekend shooter who desires to make some kind of statement. This is not true, however.

My nude posts were clearly labeled so that those who do not appreciate such material are not forced to view it.

I did not appreciate the private message I received from you.

Rodney
Well, alright then...Rodney, no insult intended. We were all newthe first time we posted our work here, natural order of things...many of us "weekend shooters". You're in good company. As I've said, this is the most benevolent forum on the planet! I hope to see more of your work, soon, now that we've been formally introduced! Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote