Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:25 AM   #1

This is my son Ryan (I know it should be in family but I felt it's not really that sort of photo)who is a musician, he raced around to my place, wanted a quick photo and an Idea for a CD cover. This was achieved in ten minutes so be Gentle, I know it needs a lot of work but this is the Idea. it is to have a slight grainy effect on the printout and his name will be printed at the bottom.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:34 AM   #2

I like it. I'd like to see the subject(musician) a little sharper. Is it possible to selectively sharpen his eyes a tad?

Since this is kind of a commercial gig, I don't think it belongs in family.

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 5:12 PM   #3

thanks, I did not bother with much sharpening as it will be printed out on a grainy style paper. It is one of the few chances Ive had to snap a bunch of photos of my oldest, like my younger son, he is camera shy. Well actually they run for the hills if they see me with a camera in my hand:-)
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:51 PM   #4

Well, I like it and I think the concept hasa lot ofpotential. Rodney does have a good point about sharpness.

It looks as if he is sinking in quicksand. Is that what is meant by "Gone"?

If you spend a little more time on this I believe you could come up with a remarkable picture for a CD cover or whatever.

brady

ThreeTikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:03 AM   #5

As a fellow guitar player I would like to see the headstock of the guitar in the photo as well, but overall I like the effect you are going for and I think you can definitely work with this.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:24 AM   #6

Nice work and I agree on the head of the guitar.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 2:00 AM   #7

I have seen everything from soup to nuts on CD covers. This is one that IMHO does a nice job of presenting something artsy as well as giving a visual intro to the artist. I usually limit my comments to overall appeal, and as far as CD covers go, you get the green light from me there. I M I G H T have wondered about the sharpness, but not enough to point out, in light of the final product. I think whoever mentioned the guitar head has a point tho. But trying to visualize the rest of it, makes me think it might stick out from the background too much if you did extend it. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:26 AM   #8

thanks, I am happy with it for a quick go at a cover.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:27 AM   #9

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
It is one of the few chances Ive had to snap a bunch of photos of my oldest, like my younger son, he is camera shy. Well actually they run for the hills if they see me with a camera in my hand:-)
Quite often people are camera shy because there is something they are self-conscious about. Younger males often run from the camera because of blemishes or razor rash. As a photographer, it is your job to determine areas of sensitivity.

Is it possible your son is sensitive about his hair?

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:35 AM   #10

Maybe I photographed them too much as infants, my hubby says they are haunted by me sneaking after with a camera from day dot:-)No Ryan was very good looking a few years back with a full head of hair and did not like to be photographed even then.