Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:09 AM   #1

Today in my town they are celebrating 100 years from the opening of a bridge just out of town, there was a reenactment of the this and some of the towns people dressed up in the style from 1905. I took about two hundred shots:!:Ive edited 10:roll:

Here are a few

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2005, 3:01 AM   #2

The look on those kids faces brings back memories....eeegad! Seems like every kid on the planet (my planet anyway) attended these things, and as I recall, too young to really get the drift of why it was happening. Good capture, overall, I think the sepia ones are the best. They make the outfits look right on the money. How would you rate the experience,I'll guess that there was a lot of pictures being snapped. But did you feel at ease shooting your pics there? Just curious. At our annual fair last summer I came across a lot of mini attractions within the fair, and some welcomed photographers with open arms, and not quite so friendly at others. Naturally the best photos were where we were warmly welcomed. By the way, what was the coutcome of your photo contest entry? Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:11 PM   #3

Thanks, people were pretty cool about the many cameras here, but then Aussies in the country tend to be very laid back. As for the photo comp, I had two disqualified as they were just out of the district area that was meant to be the subject. I had made a mistake over the river boundaries, thereis an upper Kalgan and a lower Kalgan area, I picked the wrong one. I got a commendation in the wildlife photos for one of my bird photos.:-)
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:17 PM   #4

Very cool stuff...but the kid legs would have to be 5ft long to hit those pedals! Seems like I dated a girl in highschool with legs that long, or it may have been a dream...(actually her's were 6ft long) Lol!
Old Mar 6, 2005, 11:02 PM   #5

I really loved the second one, Granpa and grandson. But I think it would be so much better if you could blur out the guy behind the boy. He looks sort of a bit like a ghost from the past.
...ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:27 AM   #6

yes he does look a bit scarey back there, I will have to do that some time:-)
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:29 AM   #7

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
Very cool stuff...but the kid legs would have to be 5ft long to hit those pedals! Seems like I dated a girl in highschool with legs that long, or it may have been a dream...(actually her's were 6ft long) Lol!

yeah I would not have wanted to be a child back then learning to ride one of those bikes
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:15 AM   #8

You'vetaken some wonderful shots and done some awesome work here...I really enjoyed it!!

Thanks so much for sharing.... :-)

StitchBabe
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:37 PM   #9

GREAT SHOTS! I love the whole series, especially the B/W backgrounds with the color people. How did you do that?These are worthy of framing.

Jeff
jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 4:19 PM   #10

VERY cool, love the toning on most, except when playing with color and B&W in one shot you lose me

These shots are so strong you can opt for B&W or the nice soft glow candy toning.

LOVE THEM.

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote