Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:35 AM   #11

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:

...Except (in the 2nd photo), you can see the cat sitting in front of the window in the catchlight of her eye.
Very good.:G

Perhaps that's why she doesn't look so sad in the second and third shots..............................the cat didn't die after all and her boyfriend called.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:35 PM   #12

Wow...I have almost enough material for a script for our next shots, now. Heh..heh...As impossible as it seems, there was N O cat for her to see. That reflection in the lense of her eye is one of two things. It is either a love seat, or (even harder to believe) it is a shelf arrangement on which sits a tv, vcr, dvd...etc. and it is about 6 ft high. They were the only two things ahead of her. I sort of puzzled over that myself. But....thank you for the comment and close scrutiny. I will post the second shot in a bit, the altered version which I worked on for class. Thanks, best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:41 AM   #13
Administrator

Darn -- that does look like a cat.

Attached Images

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:30 PM   #14

Hi Kenneth : My opinion - I think the top shot is REALLY REALLYgreat, however - [purely my opinion] I think the pic would look better without the tears, because Jessica is portraying and expressingemotionsthat do not really need the tears, the tears somehow "limit" the mood, whereas without tears one can see a lot more depth [stormy, turbulent [although masked] something like before a natural storm where the "air" is humid and heavy - It's IN there, and the mystery of "what is in there" makes it intriguing, whereas with the tears,it's a little more direct and clear [althoughcan a woman's emotions ever be clear tous plain ol' guys??!!]

Very nice, thanks for sharing your stuff
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:26 AM   #15

JakeTPegg wrote:
Quote:
Hi Kenneth : My opinion - I think the top shot is REALLY REALLYgreat, however - [purely my opinion] I think the pic would look better without the tears, because Jessica is portraying and expressingemotionsthat do not really need the tears, the tears somehow "limit" the mood, whereas without tears one can see a lot more depth [stormy, turbulent [although masked] something like before a natural storm where the "air" is humid and heavy - It's IN there, and the mystery of "what is in there" makes it intriguing, whereas with the tears,it's a little more direct and clear [althoughcan a woman's emotions ever be clear tous plain ol' guys??!!]

Very nice, thanks for sharing your stuff
Hi Jake!!

Thanks for the comments. I just finished looking at your post with the facial expression. () I had discussed this type of shot with Jesse a few times and finally we actually did it. The tears are deliberate exaggeration on our part. A little hyperbole. Put there just to add a little artistic license...making sure the meaning of her expression was interpreted the way we wanted. I agree she aced the "mood" and with or without the tears the message is there. I liked your shot, btw and studied it intently, as we are going to do more mood/facial expression work again soon. Thanks...best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:47 AM   #16

two photo shot very nice

havkimey is offline   Reply With Quote