Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:18 PM   #11

Thank you... I am trying very hard to get good shots... :homey:Just takes time and experience... Connie
ConnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:37 PM   #12

Love them all.
Work a bit with curves indeed and a bit with the skintones.

Play with angles, and looking into the camera or just not in the camera.
Model photography is wonderful, and childeren are one of the most difficult areas.
Love to see more.
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 4:42 PM   #13

Thanks Frank.... First I want to say that your work is just wonderful. I hope to get my lighting figured out and come up with something like you are doing. To be truthful I have not done a whole lot in the way of adjusting any of the photos. I will look at the curves and see what I can do. It will indeed be an experment!! I hope to get a handle on the lights and hopefully get some more shots of the girls and maybe have something great to show off. :-) Thanks again.. ConnieD
Old Apr 22, 2005, 9:52 PM   #14

Jeff.... I have done a few adjustments with the Madee picture. If you have time take a look and tell me if this is better for toning down the red and getting more realistic skin tones. I did not crop or anything else. Thanks!!! ConnieD
Old Apr 25, 2005, 8:00 PM   #15

Hey Connie,

I had a couple minutes, and thought I'd play with one of your shots, I hope you dont mind. Here's what I did.

using "The Gimp" ( http://www.gimp.org/ )

recropped to put her eyes at the top "third line"
"select by color" the blue background, then blurred it slightll
lastly brought the green in the mid-tones down, took the blue up. I did this with the goal in mind of making the white stripes on her shirt neutral.

It really is an adorable shot. Thanks for the fun!

A
Attached Images

Ammut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:24 AM   #16

Hi Ammut....

I really appreciate your taking time to play with this shot. I like what you have done. I can understand blurring the background. Which I will do for now on. The rest I am learning. I am glad that the orange cast is off the picture. I am going to have to learn more with the ajustments. You have made this shot look like it should. Thanks so much!! As for the gimp... I took a look but did not really understand the download process. Something about the source code. I will do some more reading to see if I can figure it out. Thanks again!! ConnieD