Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old May 6, 2005, 10:38 AM   #11

Nice pic..

Just for a second I thought you were one of my kind... Candid Shooter...

I posted my blog in the other section... :roll:

Blog

I put it here, there you can see CandidShots, wich I update everyday... you can leave comments if you want

Hope you don´t mind that is in spanish

PS: actually the guy in red is a little distracting

SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 11:48 PM   #12

SinRastro wrote:
Quote:
Just for a second I thought you were one of my kind... Candid Shooter...

I posted my blog in the other section... :roll:

Blog

I put it here, there you can see CandidShots, wich I update everyday... you can
So you take random pictures of women and post them on your blog? Seems a little on the stalker side to me....
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 11:58 PM   #13

Well in all fairness (at least this is how the law is in the US) you can take pictures of anyone you want, as long as they appear in public. This falls under the Right to Publicity/Privacy Act. Here is a quote of some of it.

According to Meetze v Associated Press, the right of privacy protects only the ordinary sensibilities of an individual and not super sensitiveness. A newspaper article about a newsworthy event [which included aphoto of the plantiff]which was not reasonably calculated to embarrass or humiliate [the] plaintiff is not actionable. Meetze v Associated Press (1956) 230 SC 330, 95 SE2d 606.

In the United States, the Right of Publicity is largely protected by state common or statutory law. Only about half the states have distinctly recognized a Right of Publicity. Of these, many do not recognize a right by that name but protect it as part of the Right of Privacy. The Restatement Second of Torts recognizes four types of invasions of privacy: intrusion, appropriation of name or likeness, unreasonable publicity and false light. See Restatement (Second) Of Torts §§ 652A - 652I. Under the Restatement's formulation, the invasion of the Right of Publicity is most similar to the unauthorized appropriation of one's name or likeness. See Restatement (Second) of Torts § 652C, comments a & b, illustrations 1 & 2.

Once a person appears on public ground, the right of privacy is voided.

-Travis-
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 11:52 AM   #14

Wow Tswen... great information...

Now lets think a little about this...

If you can see it, you can show it,... if you show it, then everyone can see it...

Lets change words...

If you are on the streets, then I can see you,.... if you are on the streets you are showing yourself, then everyone can see you...

Conclusion:

What´s the difference between seeing him/her on the street than seeing him/her on a photo?

I think one of the reason is that the photo is picked between many, so you will look better on a photo than in everyday life.

I don´t think I call myself an stalker, I rather call myself a mommentum retainer :|

Greetings...

SinRastro
SinRastro is offline   Reply With Quote