Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:00 PM   #21

Personally I like all the shots of you. I remember when soft focus was used almost exclusively on portraits especially women. So it does not bother me for these. For everything else I am pretty much a die hard the sharper the better.
trtjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:57 PM   #22

Is it posisble to see the ones that didn't make the cut? I am just curious to see what you were pictures that weren't so good.

enter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 10:51 PM   #23

Enter, here ya go.

I didn't have time to make major edits on them, but here they are

-Travis-
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 4:51 AM   #24

I like these shots way more than the earlier pictures... I like 7 & 8best!

Keep it up!
Bache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 4:13 PM   #25

really like 1,5,7,8 think these are very nice.Great pics of a pretty girl.Thanks for sharing.

Also like 4,5,8,9of the 1st pics.

Charlie

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:05 PM   #26

# 8 of the second post, has become one of my favorites.

I am thinking that for the green tint some of you have seen in the teeth, i believe that the polarizing filter i had on for some of the shots is to blame, as it adds a green tint to the picture. I will not use this filter in future shoots. What i was thinking at the time, i don't know :-)

-Travis-
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:33 PM   #27

tswen wrote:
Quote:
# 8 of the second post, has become one of my favorites.

I am thinking that for the green tint some of you have seen in the teeth, i believe that the polarizing filter i had on for some of the shots is to blame, as it adds a green tint to the picture. I will not use this filter in future shoots. What i was thinking at the time, i don't know :-)

-Travis-
There are no green teeth. The teeth have a slight yellow cast to them because the WB is slightly off on a few images. The yellow cast is ok and actually improves the skin tones so use your lasso selection tool to select the area inside the lips then desaturate the yellows only.

You don't have to take my word for it...Lasso the teeth and try to desaturate the greens and you'll see nothing happen. :-)

Rodney
RodneyBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:49 AM   #28

TS,

Agree with most the second series is much better. Amoung the first series of shots, #4 looks the best to me. Skin tone is nice and the lips are properly colored. I don't know if I am the odd one out, I noticed your white balance varies from shot to shot and besides green teeth, you have pale lips on some of them too. Brighter colored lips tend to add more life to the subject (hehehe... that's why women use lipstick, I think. )

Anyhow, #7 of the second series looks set to be a great shot. Adjust the colors a bit for her lips. BTW, #4, #5, #6 looks okay too....

That's it from me regarding lips in general. :blah:

And #8 of the second series is showing a double-chin or sumthin' like that. Ask her to angle her head down a little towards your camera and/or extend her neck a little for any shots that you have to angle up to shoot her.

p.s. pretty young lady.
leongty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:12 AM   #29

Thank you all for the comments, they have been extremely helpful.

I hope that i will be able to produce better images, today, when we go for the second shoot.

I'll post those images in another thread.

Again, thank you to everyone who commented

-Travis-
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:52 AM   #30

I'm by no means an expert as I have just recently started getting more indepth with my photo taking knowledge. I have always liked good realistic, natural photos though. I personally dont care for the abstract/obscure styles. These are very nice photos with a very good looking subject/setting. I wish my photos came out half as good as yours (someday). Thank you for sharing these portraits with us and keep up the good work.

ps. if it was up to me, I'd frame them all. :G
overkill is offline   Reply With Quote