Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:23 PM   #1

Hello all,

After the first post i took all of the advice which i am very grateful for, and megan and i went on another session today. Here are the changes i made to settings on the camera.

FIRST SHOOT --- SECOND SHOOT

RAW Capture JPG Capture (Highest Quality)
Adobe RGB Color Space sRGB (Parameter 1 on the Digital Rebel)
Aperture f/1.8 used exclusively f/2.8 - f/11
ISO: 100 ISO: 100-400
Flash: Used only on One Shot Used on most shots, as a fill flash

Here are the five best photos from today's session. All photos shot in Aperture Priority Mode.

-Travis-
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:37 PM   #2
djb

i like #2 the best. she is a beautiful young lady with an infectious smile!!!! #5 is my 2nd favorite. on #5 i'd like to see the background just a little more out of focus. but, as is, it is still very nice!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:43 PM   #3

I have to agree, she is a beautiful girl....but back to the photography :-).

I agree about #5, that is an edited picture too.

The original way i took that picture was at 1/100th shutter with fill flash, and an aperture of f/11, with an exposure compensation of -2/3 to make sure she was properly exposed. This was still to fast to blur the water the wayi wanted it to.
I went in and used the quickmask feature in PS to seperate the background and her, i also did NOT include the rock in front of her in the selection. Once i had the water selected i added a gaussian blur. I guess i will have to add more of the blur to it :-).

thanks for the comments

-Travis-
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:01 AM   #4

Wow, I really like #3 and #5. I wish the sun (in #3) had been just a bit less harsh, it's making her squint slightly, and there are a couple mild shadows, but I love that pose and the background, that's a beautiful shot of a beautiful girl. Ditto for #5, but there are less shadows in it, it's technically a better shot, I just really like the pose in #3. Good job.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:18 AM   #5

This group overall just looks better to me than the last group. My favorite is #5. I think it just looks very sharp. I agree with earlier post about #3 being my favorite pose, but just doesn't look as sharp. Not that it isn't a good pic, because I really like all of these.
St.Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 1:19 AM   #6

By the way, did her bottom get wet in #4? :lol:
St.Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:37 AM   #7

It think your first shoot was very good, and this one quite a bit better! To be super-picky, there are some places the shadows her face casts on itself detracts a little bit from the pictures. As you used fill flash, I dont think there is much more you can do, except shoot at a different time maybe.

And, as I said, I'm being super-picky. If I can shoot photo's like thisANY time in the future,I would be very very impressed with myself!

I like #3 & #5, but #2 is my favorite. The colours just seem nicer than in the rest of the pics.

Great work!
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:03 AM   #8

St.Barnard,

Thank you very much for the compliments, and yes her bottom did get wet. And she was very quick to point out that the water was cold.

Overall, my favorite is #2 and #5.

Carrots,

That's fine that your being "super-picky" that's really what i want. Thank you for the comments

Now a little off topic question. These were taken as the Highest Resolution JPG, that my Canon Digital Rebel can capture. Would i be able to make 20 x 24 size prints of these, or would i need to do some interpolating first. If so, how should i go about enlarging them on the computer?

Thanks

-Travis-
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:38 PM   #9

great shots.2 and 5 are my favs,though I wish 5 looked more in focus.I really liked your 1st 2 sets and your best 1 was in there.Sorry dont know much about printing.

Good luck

Charlie
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 6:23 PM   #10

2 is the wimmer in my eyes. the red in the trees behind her really compliments her eye color and it's the most sharp and in focus of all of the pictures as well. the skintone also looks the best (although her face does appear flawless anyway)

great job, you're really putting your knowledge to the test!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote