Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Jul 30, 2005, 5:28 PM   #1

This time no theme but just a few hours of fun and freestyle .
More on www.doorhof.nl/models

Greetings,
Frank
Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2005, 5:55 PM   #2

mmm in terribly sorry frank, but this series isnt doing it for me. the pictures are beautifull, thats not it. i just dont see any progress. not one image thats new or improving. and enough with the crop! haha, i could see why you would revisit after those pretty pictures with mary, but you are creative enough to think of something just as pretty but more original i recon. i hope im not offending you, as i have been quite harshe in several of my other posts, sorry.

jane
photogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:00 PM   #3

Well you can revisit a place and do something completly different like I did not with the outside location.

Studio work will alway's be studio work, I never worked with blinds before and I think the look is a totally different direction than I normaly do.

But sometimes people look different at pictures .
Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:37 AM   #4

Frank,

I like picture 3 most, fine work, very natural.

one question: what are you doing to the colors in your photos? Particularly, the skin tone is always excellent. Is it just the lightning or do you do any adjustments in PS?

For picture 5 you've used a golden reflector, didn't you?

fisheye

Fisheye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 3:13 AM   #5

The beach shot was totally unplanned so I had to use only a 580EX flash normaly I would have added a gold reflector.

Strange everyone alway's ask about the colors LOL.
Truely this is almost out of the cam.
I normaly only do a levels and curves and 10% saturation in Camera Raw.
On some shots (outside) I did saturation from 10-30% on different colors but nothing really radical.

The lens choice and lighting (exposing correctly) will give you good colors.
Recently I switched to the Canon 50mm 1.4 for the studio and this little lens is absolutly gorgues for the colors.
Outside I used the Tamron 28-75 f2.8 also no slouch in that department .
Old Jul 31, 2005, 11:31 AM   #6

All nice although the last shot does not do it for me. That second shot is awesome, I love the viewpoint, it's great

Do you increase the blue in the sky or is it a filter?
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:05 PM   #7

the blue and cyaan channel are enhanced arround 25% on the outside shots.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 4:17 PM   #8

Frank,

They all do it for me I guess because I am a captive audience for women. The blinds is different from anything seen done by you and it is very nice indeed.

The second one is top notch and another one that is different from what I have seen.

photogeek's comments without something constructive leaves me like a tire without air.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:30 PM   #9

I really like the disruption in the venetian blinds in the first shot with the model's hands. It adds a random(ness) to an otherwise very posed shot. The lighting in the pic is superb...and the color coordination between the model's outfit and blinds is excellent.

Shot #2 - love the carefree model pose (good action), but the vivid clouds and bright foreground tend to distract somewhat from the model. But I guess it all depends what emphasis you were aiming for with the shot.

Shot #3 - the angle of the model's head makes her face somewhat elongated in comparison to the rest of her, but I like the skintones. Technically the photo is good, I'm just not fussy on the model's overall pose/appearance in this shot.

The fifth shot reminds me of a comment a college photo instructor once said of my work - "Looks like a cliche calendar photo to me". She meant it as a derrogatory critique at the time. I thought to myself afterwards, "Okay...sure - last time I looked calendars sell and make money."

Nice work overall :-)

S.K.
SilentKnight is offline   Reply With Quote