Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:07 AM   #1

Because I promised to place some pictures of Marie and Corine I will post these shots, to be honest I will only place them here.
The session was an absolute disaster, the whole week we had nice overcasts skies, and because they fortold some nice summer weather the last part of the week we decided to take no chance en start out very early but it was terrible, the sun burned the whole scenes away, so not so happy about the results, for enjoyment only.

Greetings,
Frank

Frank Doorhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:21 AM   #2

hey, ive been chekkin the board all day and finally, there they are. too bad it didnt work out too well for your taste frank, but i must say i love nr1.

the dresses are very nice and maries hair suits her very well. all and all i think youve managed to get some really nice shots. soo; super, marie and corine, they look nice together in one picture becouse of their entirely different looks.
photogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:30 AM   #3

I like alot of your work but to be honest these just don't seem to do it. I don't know if its the setting or the combination of the attire and settings. It just doesn't seem to work.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:55 AM   #4

I know I also don't have the feeling of wow I normaly have after a session, the sun was just so harsch it was like crazy, my camera kept blowing out highlights even on fec - max

This one I missed and I DO like alot.

Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:32 PM   #5

Anyway, I like nr. 5!

Honestly, Frank - these pictures gave me much more than many of your recent pictures because now I know what I'm constantly doing wrong! My pictures look very similar to these pictures and I've always preferred to shoot under the brightest sun possible. I'm used to do this because my previous digicam was awfully dark and I had to catch every ray of light I could get.

Perhaps I should think this over, now that I'm proud owner of a Rebel XT.

Really, these pictures opened my eye!

Regards,

Fisheye
Fisheye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:41 PM   #6

Best is bright sun with an overcast sky, normally that's the case here, but today it was just awfull, and we had no feel to reschedule again so we did it anyhow.

Normally shoot before 11:00 and after 18:00 in summer that will give you reasonably good results.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 3:42 AM   #7

These shots remind me of shots I do over here. Here, we nearly always have harsh sunshine... either sun or rain. Sunny with overcast skies, that condition is a mystery to me. :lol:

Considering the conditions I think your shots look very good and I can imagine how #1 would look if the weather was right : GREAT!
leongty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 5:21 PM   #8

for me number 2 is very interesting. I like that picture and it's great....so is she.
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:34 PM   #9

Mr. Doorhof,

Beautiful photos, and girls, i love #5 the best, excellent capture with the available lighting, and i like how the light is falling on the subject

Can you tell me how you add the frame to all the pictures, and then your logo to the bottom of each.

To do use a script in Photoshop, or do you add it to each photo by hand?

Thank you

-Travis-
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 4:59 AM   #10

Hi,
I use a simple action in PS which I made once.
Its very simple use % for canvas size and fill color.