Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:48 AM   #1

Hi all,

My girlfriend needed her senior pictures, sothis is my first try at portraiture. I'd appreciate all comments and suggestions. EXIF should be intact. Thanks!

-Sean
Attached Images

Vlad the Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:42 AM   #2

I like it, very pretty girl
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:57 PM   #3

Good shot.

On thesubject side, most first time models are very stiff to strike this pose, she seems to be relaxed, she is a good model to work with.

On your side as a photographer, you click the shutter at the right moment, you nailed the shot. Look again at her expression, very natural, perfect half smile.

When you deeply interested more in portrait photography, you'll experiment with a third light high behind her head, we call it hairlight.

Keep this picture as a guide for your future portraits, don't be suprised that your next shots are worse than this one, that's how you learn fromyour own mistakesto createthe nextawesome shot.

Again, you nailed this shot, in portrait photo, the expression is the most important thing that make or break the shot.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 11:34 PM   #4

Thank you both for your comments!

I read about lighting setups with regards to hair lights before, and you're exactly right, I figured I'd look into it more seriously when I become deeply interested. This shot was taken with 3 strobes -- one on the camera (diffused), one bounced off the ceiling, and one to illuminate the greenscreen. Although it's not the recommended way to do it, I think it worked rather well. I learned a lot.

As for being relaxed,she was about ready to fall asleep on me... :lol:

Thanks again for your comments.

-Sean
Vlad the Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:17 AM   #5

Sean, youre an asshole. And I hope to god your "girlfriend" see's this.

Does she know how many "girlfriends" your juggling?

Stupid fucker, you had to know we would catch you.
Begformercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:51 AM   #6

Hello sean.
I know about Heather.

I figure you're probably just avoiding me, so if you get this it'd be cool if you'd get in touch.
I just want some answers. We can go our ways after, and all that.

If you ever had feelings for me, give me some answers and talk to me about this.

You're not who I thought you were, I guess... But any decent person would give me this much.

-- Monica.

Oh and Heather if you read this, this is Monica, Sean's other gf (of 3 years.) You might want to look into how much he hasn't been telling you.
mrdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:09 AM   #7

Well thats sad to hear but use a telephone this isnt a place to start a fight and I ask respectfully that you please respect other members on the forum and take your personal affairs elsewhere !

Thank you for your consideration.
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:13 AM   #8

Yes, I'm sorry I had to take things onto your forums.
Sean can be a very hard person to reach, his email is unreliable and I'm not sure how much he has lied to me about, so I'm just trying to let him know I know however possible.
He has me quite cut off from his life conveniently, I can't call him.

I don't intend to carry on with the problems here, I hope that if he sees this he'll have the respect to at least come talk to me, and not on here.
But why would you talk about it on a forum for everyone to see if you've been cheating on your gfs? lol
mrdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:19 AM   #9

Living here in the 'Third World' I've often wondered if the Jerry Springer Show was for real - thanks forbringing some clarityto the matter.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:22 AM   #10

Intersting thread.....

It is a nice portrait BTW. Good work. As the others said it could use a bit more light, and im not thrilled about the crop of the elbows but thats a minor point. And at least in the end youll have a good picture to remember them by.......:?

hehe, yes its real steve. I see springer moments every day on the subway on the way to work. almost enough reason to get out of bed in the morning.

VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote