Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > People Photos

Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:24 AM   #1

Thread deleted by original poster
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:24 PM   #2

As you probably are painfully aware, the sunlight was very harsh on their features and resulted in some blown details. Shots in the shadows were much kinder to their skin tones. e.g. #1 vs #2

#4 appears to give a more flattering image of her vs #2. Partly because of the unattractive fold of skin under her left arm in #2.

#5 is actually quite good and could be even better if some post editing could reveal some of the skin tone detail on her back. Right now the sun has blown much of that away.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 2:23 PM   #3

Hi:

I think your shots are pretty good but alittle to much sunlight but i'm no expert. They are very photogenic, would love to see a few inside pictures of the girls at whatever function they were going to or we at. Curious because i have a wedding to go to soon and my niece will be dressed up and my brother wants me to take some of her and her brother all dressed up and would love to see how yours came out so i have a baseline to shoot for. Thanks John
jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 5:24 AM   #4

Now that I've actually located the pictures (:blah I can provide some feedback. I'm no expert though so anything is purely subjective. I won't mention the harsh lighting as I'm sure you're aware of that.

In #1 her smile wasn't complete, I'm guessing the timing was a bit off. I'm noticing the same fold that selvin did in #2,which looks to be caused by the positioning of her dress, since it isn't apparent in her other photos. #5 is quite good, the color of her eyes stand out. Maybe lighten her face a little to take the attention away from the glare off her back/neck. If you have Photoshop, the shadows & highlights adjustment might work well for this, as it's quite good at adjusting brightness independantly of saturation.

Other than that they look quite nice. I can see you didn't have problems keeping them smiling and in a good mood, and that's often the hardest part. Although they won't beat shots taken under ideal lighting, I think after a little post processing (such as cloning out the spots of sunlight on Jessica's chest?) I think they'll look quite good. I'm also curious to see some of the indoor ones. Thanks for sharing with us.

-Sean
Vlad the Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:41 AM   #5

thanks for all the Ideas, people photos really are not my thing and I did these after a lot of begging:-)I have posted some indoor shots in a new thread titled "Jessica and Rebecca two"

Im am a little disappointed with these shots, mainly the lighting problems:roll:
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:19 AM   #6

Well, you had a big problem--light was way to hard foryou but the photos 5 and 6 are useful with some PS treatment. Try and I think you will have some photos to satisfied both of them.

Yet Ihave notseen indor photos but should be better then those.

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:29 AM   #7

thanks Zak, fortunately the girls are happy with the photos which is all that matters i guess. I would like to have a chance to try again with better light and improve on these.:-)
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:02 PM   #8

Well to be honest, I would like to see more of your girl-photos like those but just as suggestion I would like to see them in different clothes since with this-like they look a little bit old.

But really, some of these photos are just nice pictures so, lets go further....

see you with another ones.....

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 4:53 PM   #9

Is it me of do your pics look very GREENISH?
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 6:02 PM   #10

I do see a hint of green but maybe thats just reflections off of the scenery:-)
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote